We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dood's Taking a Break

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dood's Taking a Break

Hey all -- I wanted to let you all know that I am going to take a little break from this board. There has been a lot of controversy around here lately, and I think it's best for me to step away and let things settle down here for awhile.

I've been accused by many that I'm using this forum as a "popularity stunt" over the past few days. While I hope that most of you see my postings as genuine and heartfelt, others do not see it that way.

Folks, this forum is a tremendous wealth of information, with or without me. It's my sincere hope that every person that comes here comes away with something more than they came here with. Lately, this forum has been cluttered with attacks, some of them personal towards me, some of them just an offshoot off of the overall tension due to Hurricane Emily.

I'm not on here to cause problems. I'm not here to become a "popular Cancun figure", or whatever you may want to call it. I'm just here to share my love for my favorite place in the world, Cancun. I know there are plenty of other people (lisacancun, CancunCanuck, RiverGirl, Poppa150, jimincancun, justaguyincancun, CancunJoe, KaraokeJoe, and anyone else I forgot) that know far more about Cancun than I can ever dream about. You guys are all tremendous assets to this forum, a forum that, without you, would be nothing! Whether I'm here or whether I'm not here in the future, there is no doubt in my mind that this forum will be among the best, if not THE best forum there is on TripAdvisor. This forum is without a doubt in good hands, and that makes me very happy.

If it turns out that the time has indeed come that I must move on, I do so with very mixed emotions. Over the past 7 months, I've dedicated countless hours trying to help people get the most out of their Cancun Vacation. I've made quite a few friends here, some of them who I've had the extreme pleasure of meeting. If it's indeed farewell for me from this forum, I sincerely hope it's not farewell for good. I will continue to visit Cancun, and really hope that upon my next visit, and the visits that follow, that we will meet up and exchange great memories, and make more for the future!

I know that recently, in the eyes of some, that my advice has not been the greatest. I cannot fully disagree with that. Looking back, there are probably pieces of advice that I wish I would not have given. For that, I most sincerly apologize. At the same time, never have I forced my opinion on others, knowing that my postings here were nothing more than just that, OPINIONS. I fully trust everyone on this board to be able to make informed decisions, based not only on advice given here, but on the very facts that are right in front of us all.

With that, I'll bring this to a close. This is not a message I type with joy, nor is it a message I type with a hope of sympathy. There are my words, my feelings. Should it be fit that I do not return here, please let me thank each and every one of you for reading what I've written, not just here, but in my posts over the last 7 months. I know we didn't always agree on things, and I know I may have come across the wrong way to some, but my intentions were always pure. To those I've been able to stay in contact with for the past several weeks or months, and to those I've met....THANK YOU! It's been nothing but a pleasure getting to know you, and meeting you...and I hope we do not lose touch.

Who knows what the future may bring? Do I want to leave here? NO! But the time has come where I have to think about not only what's right for myself, but more importantly, what's right for the Cancun Forum, because that's been my #1 objective since I became a member.

You're more than welcome to share your thoughts, good or bad, by e-mailing me at mhenders927@gmail.com -- I'll be reading here from time to time, but I won't be posting, at least until I can think about things for awhile!

One last request -- Even for those who may not care for me, please let this thread survive for at least a day, if not for me, for the great friends I've met on this forum..

So Long For Now,

dood

Kansas City
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Dood's Taking a Break

bump

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Dood's Taking a Break

You will be missed Dood. Just stay in touch with your real

friends on here. We will miss you.

Saint Louis
Level Contributor
501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
43. Re: Dood's Taking a Break

Hey sierrasmomy!! I'm one of the the many people in this forum who DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY!!

NJ
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Dood's Taking a Break

opinions...all opinions...just like yours..i don't care if you like what I have to say. You are most definately entitled to your opinions...as AM I

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Dood's Taking a Break

O weatherdood please don't go...how can this forum possibly survive without you?? PLEASE enough of the drama, it's just a freakin chat line. The real question is how will this guy's ego survive without this forum? I mean really, who spends countless hours every day on a freakin chat line anyways? Better yet, who feels it necessary to post their picture? Trust me, the dood will be back...he has nothing better to do!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Dood's Taking a Break

Dear Mark,

If you are leaving the forum to take a much needed break, I totally understand. But if you are leaving because of flamers, haters, inconsiderates (don't worry charma is a boomerang)and just plain stupid posters, please don't. I said it before and I'll say it again, they need to be ignored!! I know it is hard to ignore when you are being personally attack. It is a normal defense mechanism, but they do it just for the attention themselves, which they do not deserve.

Go.. take time off and enjoy what's left of the summer. Perhaps lurk around a little bit here in case we need you, but just a little bit of time now or you gonna get an awful lot of emails at your personal e mail address!

Take care and thanks......mama

Level Contributor
3,053 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
47. Re: Dood's Taking a Break

We're sorry, but this topic has wandered into non-travel-related subject matter, so we've closed it to any further posts. To continue this discussion, TripAdvisor invites you to use our Off-topic forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

Please note that Off-topic chatter is a forum for discussions gone afield from the topic of travel. Although non-travel-related topics are allowed, posts in the Off-topic forum must otherwise meet TripAdvisor's Forum guidelines:

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…