We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Montreal, Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

Well Ive been to Oasis Cancun 4 times and had a blast almost each time. The last one in August 2007 really sucked. There were less girls, less singles and just less of a party atmosphere. Im not sure if I went on a bad week or is there a new resort that is "in"?

vancouver
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

You may have just gone on a bad week since Oasis Cancun is always a party. You could also check out Riu Cancun or Riu Caribe as I hear that they are usually party hotels as well, but not typically as wild as Oasis Cancun. Hope this helps :)

Montreal, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

Yeah...perhaps. It just wasnt the same as before. There were practically no Canadians nor Europeans either. Im thinking of going again this year but I hope it wont be as lame as last year.

vancouver
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

Yeah, even at the Riu the partying usually ends around 11-12am, so Oasis is still the place, must have just been the time you went. We're going in august from the 17th-25th @ the Oasis Cancun and we're young singles that want to party so hopefully it won't be lame!

Montreal, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

Yup, the best is to go to the clubs with the hotel. Personally I dont like certain clubs like SR Frogs. So I mostly go to The City, Coco Bongo, Daddy Os and the foam party. Yet I noticed that last year the foam party wasnt as disgusting as in circa 2004 and 2005, lol. I also noticed the service and restaurant choices went up before it was sh*tty and the food would ,...well literally go....

vancouver
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

Thanks for your advice! I've never done the foam party so I'm excited to try it, I've heard both negative and positive reviews so it'll be fun. Good to know that the food choices have gone up because we went to Cuba during spring break and went some days without eating because the food was nast! lol

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

Hey Guys, I'm thinking about planning a trip to Cancun around middle to the end of July. I haven't been there before so I'm not sure if it's a good time. I've been to a lot of places and I'm going with a bunch of singles. Anyone have any suggestions on where is a good place to go? Thanks. -Dave

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

here2party

are you sure Riu Caribe is good party hotel? I ask because we are going there in 2 weeks and I was getting the impression that a lot of older people and families go there.

We are mid 20's and want to party, drink and have a great time, not sit around with kids and older people that just want to relax.

We booked Riu Caribe on the advice of a travel agent and didn't find TA until after the fact. I was a little worried it would be boring there. Have you been?

Montreal, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

Dave, if you are into a younger crowd and more of a party atomosphere then yeah go to Oasis Cancun. The foam party is actually at the hotel and go to the clubs that the hotel goes to. They have a daily venue. Why?

1)Usually you get tickets for cheaper AND you skip the line up

2)You get air conditioned(Grey Hound like) transportation to the club versus 3rd world country bus

3)You mingle with the people of your own resort, which is ideal. You can easily hook up with people from your resort versus non-resort.

Yes July and August are the best months to go to, in my experience.

vancouver
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

Christie,Riu Caribe DOES have a lot of families, however there are people from 23-30 that do go there and tend to have a good time because they don't want to just party hard, they want to relax. At Riu, the party usually dies down by midnight and some 23-30 year olds have liked that about Riu :) However, if you are like me and a couple other younger people, I want to stay at a resort where I can just party hard till the morning..lol, that's why we're staying at the Oasis Cancun during August :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Party resorts for 20-30 years old?

here2party, thanks. It's too late this time since we are going in 2 weeks, We'll have to go out to the clubs, no big deal. At least there will be other people our age (hopefully) at the Riu. I'll have to remember the Oasis for next time.

We are the type of people that will have fun no matter what so I am not too worried.

Thanks again

And Prada1 have fun when you go! didn't mean to take away from your question.