We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about dreams...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles
8 posts
question about dreams...

My husband and i are planning our one-year anniversary trip to Cancun at the end of December and were thinking of staying at Dreams hotel. I've been looking for rates and the best that i can find was $3658 (for both of us) including tax and everything. It's a non-stop flight departing from Los Angeles. I noticed that this was a lot higher than what everyone else on this forum was paying for their trip. We are going from 12/24-12/29... I was wondering if this price was good/bad for that time of the year staying at that specific hotel...? Thanks in advance for your help..!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
829 posts
1 review
1. Re: question about dreams...

I am not an expert but I would say yes that is a good price. You are going over Christmans so that is why it seems like you are paying so much more. If you would decide to go the week before it would be cheaper.

PA
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: question about dreams...

We went to Dreams 2 years ago from 12/27 to 1/2 and we paid $5400 for the two of us from Harrisburg, Pa and connected in Chicago. So, I'm thinking that price is about right for that time of year.

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: question about dreams...

I just have to agree with all above. You are going one of the MOST espensive week, bewteen Christmas and New Years. That is why!!!! in January, etc. we paid something like 2,300 for 2 pp. including AF and transfers, but that was 2 years ago.

Los Angeles
8 posts
4. Re: question about dreams...

thanks everyone... just wanted to make sure i wasn't paying way over what i should be =)

Milwaukee, Wis.
1 post
5. Re: question about dreams...

My wife and I returned from Dreams, Cancun, yesterday. We paid $2,800 for the week, and air from Wisconsin. We feel it was worth every penny. Find the Oceanside Grill for great steaks in an open-air seaside cafe.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
6. Re: question about dreams...

To make you feel even better about your decision to book early, rettak, you will probably find prices will only go up from now on because of the rising airfares.

Get set to have a wonderful tropical vacation in paradise,

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Guide & Survey Book

Elizabethton...
Level Contributor
53 posts
53 reviews
7. Re: question about dreams...

Dreams has really raised thier rates as of late. In my opinion, Dreams is the best resort in Cancun, bar none.

8. Re: question about dreams...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, September 30, 2009