We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to book my multi-destination trip?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to book my multi-destination trip?

I don't know if anyone has had experience booking multi-city trips online in one big package, but if you do please let me know what website you used.

I usually use a travel agent but I want to see if I can get a cheaper price.

I need to fly from Chicago to Sarasota, stay at a hotel for 2 nights, then from Sarasota to Cancun, stay there for 6 nights, then fly back home to Chicago.

Sounds easy enough, but I can't find a website that will let me do it.

Thanks for your help!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,062 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to book my multi-destination trip?

I think you just need to do air and hotels separately. I'm not aware of any pkg's per se that will allow it, but I can be wrong.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to book my multi-destination trip?

I've done this quite a few times, but never as a package, and break everything up in chunks.Just finished booking similar for a vacation in a few weeks.

Example: I booked a cruise forever ago. Then I arranged a stay at a nearby hotel for the night before. Then I booked my flights. The vacation looks something like this:

Flight LAX-MIA, Hotel 1 night, Cruise 7 nights, Flight MIA-ATL, home 2 nights, ATL-LAX vacay over.

I usually look for the airfare on a site such as Kayak, using the multi city option. Sometimes it works out cheaper to book a bunch of one way flights individually, directly with the airlines.

I've done this between LAX-BHM-CUN-LAX, CLT-LAX-HNL-CLT fairly recently.

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to book my multi-destination trip?

ooops forgot to add, my experience with packages is if you deviate from em, you pay dearly for it.

Saint Charles...
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to book my multi-destination trip?

Ya that's what I'm afraid of...

Thank you!

5. Re: Best way to book my multi-destination trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 29, 2009