We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Earth
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

As per my previous posts I'll be attending a wedding at the Moon Palace on August 27 (this year). I'd like to arrive to Cancun on August 21 (for a 7 night stay) or August 25 (for a 3 night stay); I'll leave on August 28th.

Most of the wedding party will be staying at Moon Palace, and most will be arriving on August 25th or 26th. I've heard that Moon Palace is by far the nicest of all of the Palace Resorts; however, it is somewhat away from most of the other Cancun attractions.

My brother (single) and I (wing-man) will be rooming together. My brother plans on chillin' (i.e. eat, drink and hang around the pool), site seeing, the beach and meet some "nice" single females. I'll join him for most of his activities, but I also plan on playing some golf (probably Cancun Golf Club) and would like to visit some of the clubs and shops on the strip, and possibly go to downtown if any of you all recommend its worth it.

The above being said, could you all aid me in my decision making process? My brother essentially left me in charge of booking the package. The reason I've narrowed it down to the Palace Resorts is due to the open access you share at any of the Palace Resorts if you stay at one.

So which of the Palace Resorts would you recommend to me?

Thanks in advance to all!!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

El Che, Moon Palace has hospitality rooms. If you don't want to stay there, maybe you can just use the hospitality room to shower, shave etc. the day of the wedding. I'd stay at the Cancun Palace. They just give you a wristband. You have to get checked at the gate, everytime you come and go at the Moon Palace. It's kind of a pain. But they have to do it like that. It's in the middle of nothing. If you want to look at the pretty sea everyday, stay in the hotel zone. The water at the Moon is disgusting. And the planes taking off, and coming in over it are loud. You will get to meet more people at the other resorst. The Moon crowd of guests don't really speak much, and lack friendliness. I seriously don't know how their 5 ft. deep pools could ever make up, for the colors of the ocean. That's like comparing a murky lake to cement bottom pools. All of their pools at the Moon are 5 ft. deep. They're too deep.

Earth
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

[b]sunnyca[/b]

I would also like for you to e-mail me the photos of Moon Palace.

Thank you!

Earth
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

Oops, forgot to post my e-mail address:

kaliman_y_condorito@yahoo.com.mx

Denise----I made up my mind on staying in the hotel zone. I've narrowed it down to Cancun or Beach Palace. Which of those has more of an adult-friendly crowd? What about their beaches, which one is better?

I've ruled out Sun Palace since it is at the southern end of the hotel zone. I may indeed have a nice beach, but I'm looking for something more active.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

Cancun Palace is nicer than the beach, has a younger crowd, and we had fun with the entertainment staff. Love the beach there. There is a lot of offerings. They do have mini-golf in front of the hotel, if you decide you want to give up on a round somewhere. It's so hot, you might decide on doing the mini-gold instead. Food is decent. Las Golondrinas is their a la carte restaurant. It was good there. You will have to make reservations, or you could try getting in at the door. They have poolside drinks. No swim up bar that we saw. They do have staff, who will take drink orders poolside. You are near the Marriott's, so if you want to check them out, you can. We took tours of them. Mango Tango and Faro's restaurants are across the road. Mango Tango has a sexy Las Vegas type show, with the girls in small bikini's and a couple of guys in sexy pants. They do have a small bar, and it's outside on the lagoon dining under a huge palapa with hanging totem pole things. It's awesome. You can stop by there for a drink. They have a DJ, and usually a conga line. They used to have a band. Faro's is upstairs. Inside the Cancun Palace, they do have some nitely entertainment. Usually a singer, and a couple of band pieces. Out of the 3 in the hotel zone, we liked this one the best. We thought it was the nicest. You can get whatever you like. The beach water there is lovely, and so is the sand. The local buses are 6.5 pesos. Very cheap. You could walk to the Kukulcan Mall, it's about 4 1/2 blocks north of there. Not too far, but HOT! HOT all the way. If you don't mind sweating a lot, walk it, or hop on the bus, and take. If you like special tequilas, there is a restaurant, north of Kukulcan Mall, on the other side of the road; name is La Distileria. They have a full menu, and a lot of tequilas. They open at 1P.M.

california
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

Hidden1 & Elche~ photos on their way......... :)

Cancun, MX
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

My husband worked for Palace resorts. He says he would stay at the Xpu-Ha Palace, that's the nicest by far. But it's one hour away from Cancun. Aventura Palace is also really nice, much nicer than the ones up north and is close to Xpu-Ha.

The Palace resorts are notorious for pushing their time shares at the guests at every opportunity. Be prepared.

Moon Palace has no beach. The ones in Cancun do.

Palace resorts serves no seafood, they don't want to make anyone sick. If you want seafood you'll be disappointed.

Tip the employees well because they make very very little working there, under $500 usd per month is the norm in the resorts. Most folks work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day. A gallon of milk is over $4 usd here. Be very generous.

Montana
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

I agree with moonchild. go with the Sun Palace if you want great service and an awesome beach. It is close enough to the night life of Cancun that you can party all night if you choose to or stay at the resort and relax. The beach is the best we saw in a mile in either direction and it is only about 10-15 mins from Senor Frogs, Carlos and Charlies, The City, etc. Enjoy.

Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Need Help! Sun Palace, Beach Palace, Cancun Palace or Moon...

Based on what you've said, I'd say Cancun Palace. It's lively with a let's party flair. Beach Palace is for families with young kids. Sun palace is sort of like the Moon as it is low-key. Sun doesn't have a swim-up bar.

I like the beach at Cancun Palace the best although it is sort of two-tiered these days due to last year's storms (there is a 3-4 ft drop in the sand at the high tide point). I was there in May and there was still plenty of beach at high tide. The beach at Sun Palace has large rocks in the surf (ouch).