We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OMNI Cancun Hotel and Villas...need your comments...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Monterrey,Mexico
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
OMNI Cancun Hotel and Villas...need your comments...

I'm planning on going to Cancun during the first week of August with husband and 2 daughters (7&14), has anyone stayed there? Can you please provide comments/suggestions about this hotel? I am about to book but would rather prefer feedback before doing so. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OMNI Cancun Hotel and Villas...need your comments...

We stayed at the Omni Cancun for six nights in May. We really enjoyed our stay there.

We went all-inclusive, and we both thought all the restaurants were very good. Pina Colada's is a neat restaurant right on the beach, and Da Vinci's had really good Italian food. La Paloma also had a great buffet with different theme nights.

The pools were nice (not too deep though about 3.5 feet). The beach there was wide and had nice waves to play in.

The rooms were very clean and spacious. I highly recommend the oceanview rooms with a balcony. It was worth the little extra expense to me to be able to sit on the balcony in the mornings and evenings and look out onto the ocean and beach.

It seemed to be a great place to bring kids. There were lots of families there when we visited. They had afternoon activities such as bingo, volleyball, and pottery painting that the kids there seemed to be enjoying. They also have lots of great non-alcoholic frozen drinks for the kids and food that they will enjoy like hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, pizza, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
Omni Cancun Resort...
6,524 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: OMNI Cancun Hotel and Villas...need your comments...

The Omni is my favorite hotel in Cancun. Here are my reasons:

1. Great beach location

2. Fun Jacuzzi bar located right on the beach

3. Good food and service

4. Beautiful grounds and pool area

We usually select their AI option and it is well worth it. You can have any meal ala carte. There are not a lot of buffets only. I love the Pina Colada restaurant right on the beach. A lot of hotels have restaurants that overlook the beach, but this restaurant is actually ON the beach. We eat breakfast there each morning. You will not be sorry you booked the Omni.

Mentioned in this post
Omni Cancun Resort...
6,524 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Monterrey,Mexico
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: OMNI Cancun Hotel and Villas...need your comments...

Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate you both taking your time to clear my doubts, I will definately stay at the Omni....Regards!

Mentioned in this post
Omni Cancun Resort...
6,524 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico