We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Hilton???

Can anybody tell me what to expect from my stay at the Hilton? Give me any advice, staying in January with sister her friend and my girlfriend. Thanks for the help.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton???

It's a bit from the action (which we REALLY like), but a short bus stop away from everything. Lovely spot, great pools and an even greater beach area. (if you like waves, which we do)They don't mind if you bring in a cooler and fill with water, beer and snacks. We just carried them in plastic cups so as not to be too obvious. Food is pricey, however there are great deals and really good food at many places. It is a very safe and clean resort. Not too stuffy, but definitely not a wild place. Enjoy!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton???

We'll be staying here for our fourth visit in 2 weeks. We have stayed in the villas, standard room, and deluxe room. There really isn't much difference in the room itself. The villa rooms are a little bigger, with a much bigger bathroom. The balconies are also bigger, but if you are on ground level you will have hard time seeing the ocean. Deluxe rooms have a nice balcony with table. Standard rooms have just a step-out balcony.

Pools are awesome. Always a chair (or at least last time I was there 2 years ago). Beach is great. Breakfast buffet is great. We found the Japanese REst. excellent, but pricey.

The hotel is a little bit down the strip from all the action, but anything in Cancun is just a 5 minute bus ride away. I like being able to "retreat" to the resort. I think once you are at the resort, you could be anywhere (almost) in the world looking at beautiful beaches and views. I have read the reviews everyone's been giving the Hilton, and it is true it is not brand new anymore, but I am quite picky about my hotels and this one is the one I choose every time.

I wish I could take this hotel eveywhere with me, Hawaii, Bahamas, anywhere. I haven't found one to beat it yet!

MMT
Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton???

All rooms have been updated last year giving the rooms a fresh new look. Also we have stayed in the ground floor villas and second floor they both have a nice view of the ocean. Some ants in the ground floor bathrooms though, they sprayed the bathroom and we had no more problems.

4. Re: Hilton???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, May 11, 2009