We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Freaking out about the forecast

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Rapids Iowa
4 posts
Save Topic
Freaking out about the forecast

Hey anyone "in the know"...I've been checking the cancun forecast since we are coming down for a family celebration from June 14 - 21 and see that thunderstorms are forecast EVERY DAY AND EVERYNIGHT!! What's the word? Does it look like it will literally storm all day and all night for a week??? If so, what are some fun rainy day activities for fun people ages 18-49?

Cedar Rapids Iowa
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

Whoa! Just found the topic called "Cancun Weather"! Who knew this topic was so contriversial. Sorry about that...didn't mean to upset anyone, so I will just read that thread. Please forget I asked - didn't mean any harm.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,420 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

It won't storm everyday and every night. The forecast often says that but it doesn't happen. Only way that would happen is in the midst of a tropical storm or hurricane, which we are not.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
154 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

Wheather dood where are you...................

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

At the moment its 11 a.m. and it is very sunny. It might get cloudly later on but right now its a perfect beach day!

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

10 am and gorgeous!!! Im hitting the boat!! Going over to Isla Mujeres with some friends!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

Checkout wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

This is the most accurate weather forecast site I have found for Cancun. But, don't fret the weather. If it rains, it usually is a tropical type rain for only 5-10 minutes.

nj
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

I too am heading down this Thursday and all I have seen is rain every day that we're going to be there. I am hoping that everyone is right about the short burst of T-storms such is the case in FL and the Bahamas.

I would hate to leave 90 degreee sunny weather and my back yard pool for a Rainy Beach.

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

Everything's fine, folks -- like the above posters said, there could be the occasional afternoon or evening thunderstorm, but the vast majority of the time it will be dry, sunny and hot!

new orleans
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Freaking out about the forecast

DONT WORRY I Just got back this AM from our stay at the OASIS CANCUN and what everyone is saying is true usually in the am it's nice and sunny so get you butt out to the beach after breakfast. usually early evening or just afternoon it rains for a little bit maybe 30mins or so . Just think of it as a reminder to eat . which is what we would do after we were done it was usually sunny again . SO eat goto the bar I saw alota people with playing cards which was a good idea play a few drinks games and you"ll be fine .....

-JAY