We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chicago or Milwaukee GOOD deals???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Neenah,WI
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Topic
Chicago or Milwaukee GOOD deals???

Looking to book 7 night (at least) for Febuary or March for 25th wedding anniversary out of Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI. Has anyone seen ANY good deals? Apple vacations and Funjet's deals right now are not what I consider real good deals, unless I missed something.

aw7
Chicago
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Chicago or Milwaukee GOOD deals???

for airfare....check out usa3000. they generally are chartered for apple etc, but i'm going to take them and book hotel/airfare separately. i found $395 chicago to cancun over president's day weekend.

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,311 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chicago or Milwaukee GOOD deals???

Talk with a travel agent and give them a few options on departure and they will be able to find a last minute for you from Milwaukee, Ohare or Midway. You are going in prime time and it will be hard to find a deal at this time. Apple's website updates there last minute deals on Tuesday and Funjet's does theirs on Friday. Good Luck

Two Rivers...
Level Contributor
8 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chicago or Milwaukee GOOD deals???

i couldn't find any decent deals for anywhere this year.prices are way up.if price was lower,connections sucked&so did flight times.we are going to the riu cancun for our 30th wedding anniversary feb.8-15th.we are from two rivers&will fly out of milwaukee.chicago seemed cheaper,but what a traffic hassle!good luck!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,058 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chicago or Milwaukee GOOD deals???

It's just such an expensive time of the year to go. If you are flexible, I'd hold out and check those deals every day. One or two are bound to pop up, but probably more last minute. Then jump on it immediately. I cannot tell you how many last min deals we found, only to try to book the next morning (or even later that afternoon) and found them gone!

I'm all for travel agents, but if you find a deal with an on line site you are comfortable with, book it. I've lost good deals this way, by waiting for my trav agent to book it for us. Either they couldn't get the same deal, or it was gone.

If you are even more flexible, try waiting until April. We've had good luck that time of year, weather is great in Cancun, and still not so great in WI.

Check US Airways Vacations, too. We've gotten some good deals, but they do not offer direct flights.

By the way, I am from FDL. We are practically neighbors.

Jackson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chicago or Milwaukee GOOD deals???

You may want to try Berwicktravel.com. They beat our travel agent by about $300. Although, as previously mentioned, it's a popular time to travel. Especially March.

Good Luck!

6. Re: Chicago or Milwaukee GOOD deals???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, September 13, 2009