We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must dos in Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Must dos in Cancun

Last year we spent week in Playa del Carmen.. Most of time spent near there. we spent one full day at Chichen Itza, and part of another day in Cancun.

Daughter and teen gr-dau will be will us. We will probably return to CI, marvelous place, mostly to show them, and catch what we missed but looking for any must dos close to Cancun.

Our kids likely will go different directions on some days.

Staying at Club International.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must dos in Cancun

Something you can all do together is go to Isla Mujeres for the day. Rent a golf cart and explore the island. If your gr-dau is about 6 or older you could all do the Captain Hook dinner cruise and that would be fun for all. Great (a little corny and can be crowded) entertainment and good food. Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Captain Hook Cancun
Captain Hook Cancun
6,418 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
626 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must dos in Cancun

Xel-Ha, Tulum and Xcaret are all closer to where you stayed last year and worth doing. The Xel-Ha all inclusive is a good deal and can be combined with Tulum as a day trip. The show at Xcaret and the park itself are a wonderful way to spend the day.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
VA
Level Contributor
323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must dos in Cancun

For a fun meal go to Senor Frogs. A great place for adults and kids. We took our 8 year old son with us and all of us had the BEST TIME! I can't say enough about this place. Food was great. Drinks were great. The atmosphoere was AMAZING. My husband is usually quite reserved when we go out and even he was in the conga line with our son....dancing it up! And me....I was VERY close to singing karaoke....and I NEVER do that...I wouldn't even hink about it here in the states.

We had a BLAST! From the moment you walk in to the time you leave you will be entertained....no matter what age you are.

A MUST SEE!

4. Re: Must dos in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 15, 2009