We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LisaCancun - How Far?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
LisaCancun - How Far?

How far is La Boom to Phat Tuesdays or even Dady'O's ? Can we walk or do we need to get taxi, bus ?

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: LisaCancun - How Far?

Just lost my power in the whole building...got it back....

Okay so La Boom is the furthest from the club area. Then a few minutes later by BUS...you hit Fat Tuesday, then about 5 minutes later you hit Dady'O.

The club zone were most clubs, bars, and crowds of people are where Dad'O is. This area has Carlos and Charlies, Dady'O, Dady Rock, The City, Coco Bongo and a few others. There is a lot to see and I have even just hung out in this area and watched the people. It's great. Fat Tuesday and La Boom are kind of far in relation. Definately bus. Do not take taxis in the hotel zone. You will pay a lot of money. The bus will stop everywhere and only costs like 65 cents.

La Boom is about km 4

Fat Tuesday is about km7

and Dady.O is about Km 9.5

uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: LisaCancun - How Far?

Kool...mexican bus ride it is then...you must get bombarded with questions everyday....you could make money outta this...

Whats all this im hearing about sealice, never heard of it before in my life?

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LisaCancun - How Far?

Well apparently it's in the water...similar to lice..very itchy. Someone told me that when the weather in other parts. We get it sometimes when the weather in other areas are bad. I'm not sure I understand that too well but anyways apparently it's in the water. I have been in the water tthis month about 5 times and have not gotten it so maybe its not too bad. My BF too.

Virginia
Level Contributor
462 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: LisaCancun - How Far?

Lisa how far are you from the Beach Palace. we will be staying there In July and are trying to figure out if we can walk to most of the clubs. We have been told that we could.

Ray.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,544 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LisaCancun - How Far?

Sealice are jelly fish larvae that get trapped under your bathing suit, get squished and sting. All the little stings make it look like a rash. Some months are worse than others based on breeding season. Some years are worse than others because weather conditions allow more jelly fish to spawn. Some areas have more favourbale currents than others, that either encourage the jelly fish to lay the eggs there, or wash the eggs away.

Smaller bathing suits, with less areas to trap them, are supposed to help.