We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving cancun or cozumel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
calif
14 posts
Save Topic
scuba diving cancun or cozumel?

Trying to decide if the 11 hour day trip to cozumel would be worth the time or should i just dive the caverns and wrecks around cancun! diving with aquaworld anyone use them? padi 5 star thats a good thing i think! thanks my04hd

Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving cancun or cozumel?

I wouldn't use Aqua World. They take out large groups. Everyone has to surface when the first person in your group gets to 700 psi. Scuba Cancun also takes out bigger groups. And their equipment is outdated.

There is decent diving in Cancun. Cozumel is better in my opinion - reef is healthier and more variety of diving spots. Manta Divers is a good op to dive with in Cancun. I've heard Solo Buceo is also, but haven't used them personally. If you have the time, it's definitely worth spending a day diving in Cozumel, but it is a long day if you're staying in Cancun. When we stay in Cancun, we usually only dive in Cancun. We stay in Coz when we want to do several days diving there.

calif
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba diving cancun or cozumel?

thanks dive girl! manta divers is in cancun?

Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba diving cancun or cozumel?

Yes, they are in Cancun. www.mantadivers.com. You get a 10% discount on diving services if you purchase a 2x1 card through Brant. www.entertainment-plus.net