We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport distance to Mayan Riviera

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles & London
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport distance to Mayan Riviera

I am considering a detour to the Mayan Riviera during the last days of my trip. However, my return flight home departs at 8 a.m. Is the airport too far? Should I relocate to Cancun for the final night?

Regards.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,175 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport distance to Mayan Riviera

Much depends exactly where you are staying. Mayan Riviera is an unofficial term that covers an area just south of the airport to an area many miles south.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,698 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport distance to Mayan Riviera

We are staying about 15 minutes north of Tulum for 7 days. It is 1.5 hours from the cancun airport to our hotel, with private transport (i.e. no other stops).

We had a 9am flight out and we added a night in Cancun so that we would be closer to the airport.

If you are that far south (Tulum, Akumal, etc.) you would have to leave the hotel at least at 4am for an 8am flight. Maybe you can do your couple of days in the R.M. in the middle of your trip?

Good luck deciding.

Los Angeles & London
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport distance to Mayan Riviera

Thank you all.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,175 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport distance to Mayan Riviera

There are several very reasonable hotels in central Cancun near the bus station which I frequently use if I have an early flight. From there, you can easily take the Riviera airport bus.