We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Washington
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

I was surfing for deals to Cancun and came across a website called "saveonresorts". It is a timeshare deal cuz you have to endure a 90min presentation during your stay. The price for a 5 night all inclusive stay at their supposedly nice hotel is $679.00. Thats it. That is suppose to cover 2 people. Anyone come across this type of package? Or is it simply best to follow the golden rule of if it's too good to be true do not go for it?

122 replies to this topic
Seattle
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

I Came across the same web site and was thinking the same thing, sounds too good to be true. HAVE YOU FOUND OUT ANYTHING MORE ON WHETHER IT'S LEGIT OR NOT? THANKS FOR ANY HELP, -Dean

Kansas City
Level Contributor
380 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

Rosoygirl,

I have looked at this one night also, and it is interesting. Very inexpensive, but i passed as it looked like a time share issue. We subscribe to the Dave Ramsey plan of thinking, "if it is too good to be true, then it is." Best of luck though if you do use it. Would be interesting to find out.

R

San Francisco
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

I've been to the Real Gran caribe resort on the saveonresort offer and I tell tell you first hand -the service was great and the package was well worth taking the 90 minute presenatation. The resort really knows how to pamper you and the lucky person that goes with you.

dallas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

I am about to book on 'saveonresorts.com' to either the Belair in Cancun or Club Regina in PV. Since I work in hotel sales (esp. dealing with travel agents), I did much research on this website due to the fantastic offers they had. The timeshare presentation allows the drop in price, and of course if you do not attend you are charged at their reg. price.

The lady I spoke with (Noni) at saveonresorts.com informed me that the call center was based in San Diego, CA so I ran as much of a background check as I could. It did indicate it is a BBB accredited biz since 9/8/06.

In case anyone runs into problems here is some contact information:

Business Contact Information

Company Name: SaveOnResorts.com

Company Address: 4295 Gesner St # 2D

San Diego, CA 92117

Original Business Start Date: 2/1/2003

Type of Entity: Corporation

Principal: Marc Nissenson , Marketing Director, Co-Pres

Number of Employees: 6

Phone Number: (619) 275-3146

(800) 581-2807

Fax Number: (619) 275-2348

BBB Accreditation Status: This company is a BBB Accredited Business

Date Joined BBB: 9/8/2006

Type of Business: Hotels - Reservations

Travel Marketing

Web Site Address: http://www.saveonresorts.com

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

It doesn't have to do with "too good to be true" or not--it is true. The important thing is to make sure you know the terms and conditions first and then make an informed decision and accept or not. It is "cheap" for a reason. No one is trying to fool you--it is all there.

If you click on "Details of Participation" you will see:

"Details of Participation

Congratulations, as a qualified participant, and in appreciation of your time, the resort developer has extended this special promotional vacation package. You will be attending a 90 minute VIP guided resort preview introducing you to the many benefits and amenities available to you during your stay. There is absolutely no obligation to buy anything. Happy Vacationing!

Attend a courteous 90 minute VIP resort sales presentation.

Participants must be married, engaged, cohabitating or similarly committed. Proof of cohabitation must be provided (ie. MATCHING ADDRESSES on drivers license, passport, lease agreement/deed, bank statements, bills, etc.).

One or more of the qualified participants must be at least 28 years of age.

Have a combined household income of at least $60,000 (U.S.) per year.

Full-time students do NOT qualify.

Must have a valid picture ID AND a Credit Card, internationally accepted, VISA, MC or AMEX only (a check/debit card with Visa or MasterCard logo is NOT accepted).

Both participants must be able to read, speak and understand English or Spanish fluently.

This offer is ONLY available to residents of the following countries: United States, United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada (except the Province of Quebec).

This is a one time offer, and is not available to guests who have vacationed with Real Resorts in the past.

Family, Groups or Friends traveling together are limited to 2 packages. (Jr. Suite Accommodates 3 Adults or 4 with Children under 12)

SaveOnResorts.com holds no discretion over the terms and conditions of this package. The terms and conditions are set forth by the resort developer. If SaveOnResorts.com believes that the terms and conditions of the package are not being met, we reserve the right to cancel any package before the arrival date. SaveOnResorts.com is not responsible for any purchases made for your vacation outside of the purchased package, this includes but is not limited to: airfare, transportation, park or event tickets, guided tours, etc. Any questions please contact SaveOnResorts.com at legal@saveonresorts.com.

*** Failure to meet the aforementioned qualifications or attend the sales presentation could result in a charge back of up to an additional $150 per night plus the cost of package gifts ***

Cancellation and Re-scheduling Policy

Re-scheduling Your Reservation:

We know plans change. Sometimes an emergency arises and other times, you just end up needing a more convenient date than the one you originally chose. That’s why SaveOnResorts.com offers a flexible rescheduling policy.

As long as you call us 3 working Days before your arrival date, we can reschedule your vacation for $19. Please note that if you don’t give us at least 72 hours notice, our cancellation policy will apply. (See below.)

To reschedule call us at 1-800-581-2807, or email us at reservations@saveonresorts.com. If calling after office hours or emailing, please make sure to include:

• your name

• your reservation number

• the original date of arrival and departure

• your new date of arrival and departure

Canceling Your Reservation:

SaveOnResorts.com also understands that on occasion, you can’t reschedule your trip and must cancel instead. You can do this at no cost within 48 hours of scheduling your trip. However, we will apply a $49 cancellation fee if you cancel your trip later than that. The remaining balance will be refunded to your credit card. The $49 is also creditable towards your next SaveOnResorts.com Vacation Package.

If you cancel your reservation less than 72 hours before your arrival date or do not show up for your vacation, you will be assessed a $49 cancellation fee + 1 room night (at the additional night cost per hotel/resort). The remaining balance will be refunded to your credit card. The 72 hour guideline will supersede and take precedence over any provision within this Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy.

We can only process cancellations by phone, 1-800-581-2807. Emails are not an acceptable form of cancellation.

PLEASE REMEMBER: No refunds will be given for no-shows, early checkouts or unused nights."

near Atlanta, Ga.
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

Anyone else have any feedback on this saveonresorts dot com deal?

Already have my current trip planned and booked but this might be an option for next time if its for real.

Looked at the Hotels offered for Cancun and it looks like all the Hotels are ...ok for the price offered.

Bel Air TA-#35

Gran Caribe Real TA-#40

Westin TA-#47

Sunset Royal TA-#63

Ocean Hotel TA-#85

Would probably stay away from the Ocean Hotel.

Thoughts?

chicago
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

I booked on saveonresorts.com yesterday and am a little worried after reading reviews for club regina at bel air. does anyone know if it's the same hotel that is being called bel air collection? there are both good and bad reviews so i'm worried and only have until tomorrow morning before my 48 hour period is over and i can't cancel without penalty. this will be my first time in cancun and my husband and i are going on our second honeymoon so i really hope the hotel doesn't disappoint and that the timeshare ppl don't harass. will definitely let u know how it goes when we go in april.

chicago
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

DO NOT USE SAVEONRESORTS.COM. I booked an all inclusive stay in Cancun and did not even get to use it because a day before my trip, ATA airlines shut down operations. I am disputing to get my money back. Save on resorts basically said oh well it's not our problem. They told me to contact Bel Air collection directly and when I did that, I was told to contact save on resorts. I was told that I needed an 18 day advance notice in order to get a refund. Well when an entire airline shuts down, they don't give you any notice. They didn't care at all and just told me they couldn't do anything for me. Do not use save on resorts.com, I wouldn't recommend it. I didn't get anything for the $689.00 I spent for an all inclusive stay because I couldn't even get to Cancun. All other flights were sold out or triple the price on other airlines. DO NOT USE SAVEONRESORTS.COM. THEY HAVE VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

In reply to haajira_khan:

It seems that their cancelation policy is very clear and fair ... both on their site and above.

It sounds like your are blaming "saveonresorts" for an unfortunate business situation that involved the airline you where flying with.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"

Cant really blame saveonresorts, as ATA's problems were public knowledge well in advance.

Reply to: anyone use or heard of "saveonresorts.com?"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted