We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NH Krystal and Snorkeling - Give me some feedback!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fargo, ND
2 posts
Save Topic
NH Krystal and Snorkeling - Give me some feedback!!!

Family of 6 heading down, 4 teenagers to boot!

Looking for some feeback

Sandy

South Dakota
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: NH Krystal and Snorkeling - Give me some feedback!!!

Watch out for the TIME SHARE bunch really pesky at the Krystal. I stayed there and my bathroom flooded from the floor above slipped but lucky I caught myself. They did move us to another room then all was well. This hotel does not have much beach from what I remember. I have been back to Cancun 3 times after this stay and have not stayed there again.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Akron, OH
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NH Krystal and Snorkeling - Give me some feedback!!!

Just got back from the Krystal - I have a timeshare there. The snorkeling is really not bad just off the hotel beach - even though it's on the "rougher" (Eastern) side, there's a natural breakwall that helps keep the waves down. There are some cool grooves in the ocean floor just off the beach where you can dive down and get shells that lodge there. If you really like snorkeling/diving, try a day trip to Isla Mujeres or Cozumel. As for the facility, the pool there is quite nice - it has perhaps the best view of any pool in Cancun, as the property curves along the ocean, allowing both ocean views and scenes of other properties south along the beach. Much of the beach has been reclaimed by the ocean (rom what it used to be), but you can walk a few yards south and have plenty of room in the sand. Krystal also has little palapas in a raised sandy part where you can lay/hang out. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Calgary, AB Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NH Krystal and Snorkeling - Give me some feedback!!!

I dont know anything about the snorkelling here, but the view from the resort is amazing ;)