We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What type of clubs are down there

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What type of clubs are down there

what kinda clubs r they...like techno..... rap..... rock.... latin..... im sure theres more then one kind n if so whats the best rap club n techo(EDM) club?

thx

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What type of clubs are down there

There are all kinds. Dady O for techno. La Boom for rap/hip hop. La Boom is for sale, so I don't know if they are still open. I'm pretty sure, they are open. There are many places for latin; Mambo Cafe, Batacha, to name a few. Bulldog Cafe for Rock, they have a jacuzzi in their VIP area. Dady Rock for Rock. You have to check out The City! And CocoBongo's for the shows. The City is better, and more popular. MTV was there for Spring Break.

Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What type of clubs are down there

aight good....if i stay at oasis do i need a car to get places....like to the clubs or can u walk there from the hotel?

Delaware
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What type of clubs are down there

HoldinDown- The best club of all is Def. La Boom! It plays the best music!! And no, you do not need to get a car. Everyone down there takes the bus.. It is only like 60 cents each way.. Do NOT get a car... Then you will have to worry about driving back drunk and things like that.. THe bus stop is right out front of every hotel, and it stops EVERYWHERE. Just tell the bus driver where you are going when you get on. The buses come by every 2-5 minutes... So you wont be waiting long... B ut Def. hit up La boom

Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What type of clubs are down there

aight thanks chicky ill deffenetly hit up la boom n thx for the advice bout the bus....deffenetly makes sence ::hits head against wall::

Delaware
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What type of clubs are down there

Ha ha... yeah and you wouldnt want to drive a car down there anyway.. People including the buses drive INSANE!!!! There were a few times I didnt know if I was going to make it off the bus alive lol.. But it was actually kinda fun when I was drunk....

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
694 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What type of clubs are down there

Darn, I KNEW I should have gone to LaBoom when our hotel went one night last week. We went to CocoBongos and The City, which was fun, and played a little hiphop, but not much.

Hopefully it will still be around when I go next time, as I love to dance to hip hop/rap.

Delaware
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What type of clubs are down there

Yea La Boom is def. the best! They have two rooms.. One techno and the other is rap and R&B.. All the good music.. And the good thing about La boom is, they play all the songs that are out now.. but they also play older songs that you used to LOVE back in the day.. Like songs from when I was in high school.. It was so much fun waiting to hear what they were going to play next.. It gets really crowded, but I think La Boom was the least crowded when I was down there. Coco bongo and Fat Tuesdays were the most crowded...

Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What type of clubs are down there

la boom sounds like me n my ppls club then from what yall sayin.....im likeing the sound of this trip more n more haha

Delaware
Level Contributor
681 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What type of clubs are down there

You will def. have the best time of your life down there! There is ALWAYS something to do, ALWAYS something to drink.. its the best place on earth.. Im sure you will read that a lot in this forum.. The beaches are gorgeous and the clubs are outta control!

Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What type of clubs are down there

ahhhh i wanna go tomorrow haha