We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever stayed at Avalon Grand? Anyone??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
624 posts
4 reviews
Ever stayed at Avalon Grand? Anyone??

My mom is now thinking about vacationing with us, but the packages are getting pricey. has anyone staved at the Avalon Grand? What can you tell me about it??

Dallas
Level Contributor
292 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Ever stayed at Avalon Grand? Anyone??

Just got back from the Avalon Grand. We are members so we have an o/v studio. We enjoyed our stay, but be prepared to climb alot of stairs. The beach was great and the infinity pool was nice. We didn't care for the food other than the breakfast buffet which was very good. The Flamingo Mall is across the street as well as Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, Bubba Gump's, and Pat O'Briens. We don't know anything about the hotel - it depends on what room you get.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
624 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Ever stayed at Avalon Grand? Anyone??

Thanks for your help. How far of a walk is it to Senor Frogs, Coco Bongo, etc. Reason being, thats where my brother is staying, so we'd like everyone within walking distance if possible.

Lots of stairs huh? She wouldnt mind that. Are you allowed to have guests come to the beach?? I'd be coming from my boyfriend's place in downtown cancun

Dallas
Level Contributor
292 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Ever stayed at Avalon Grand? Anyone??

It would be better to take the bus because I think it is quite a walk to those clubs. The bus is very cheap and the bus stop is right out the front door and to the left a little. We took the bus everywhere. I don't know about having guests at the resort, because they have a security guard on duty. However the beach is public property and anyone can go on the beach. There is also a vacant hotel next door where you can use the beach there and not be bothered. However you wouldn't have a lifesaver. I saw people swimming there who didn't want to be bothered by the lifeguard who wouldn't let anyone in the water on a cloudy windy day. The red flags were up and we were only putting our feet in, but he wanted us out of the water.

4. Re: Ever stayed at Avalon Grand? Anyone??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 03, 2009