We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
London, United...
8 posts
Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

Hi,

We are going to Cancun in April, was wondering what the best way is of getting from Cancun airport to our hotel (Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun)

Would it be better to get a local taxi from the airport or pre book a transfer, if so who to go with?

Thanks in advance

15 replies to this topic
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
61 reviews
162 helpful votes
1. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

We always pre-book a private transfer. We are loyal to USA Transfers since they have always been dependable & we’ve never had a problem with them. They are also easy to find at the airport.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
28 reviews
638 helpful votes
2. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

Yes book at transfer. It's easy to do on line. We use Canada Transfers. You can book at return transfer. You will pay when you arrive at hotel (with cash) but you can pay when you book. You can pre order a beer etc as well. Just bring your vouchers. The pick up time will be on your return voucher. I here USA transfers are very good as well.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
263 posts
3. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

You definitely want to pre book at least for your arrival. Taxis at the airport are way overpriced and transportation companies are not allowed to offer their services at the airport itself. We use CancunWithMe

Chicago, Il.
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
48 reviews
40 helpful votes
4. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

Yes, pre-book. I've used both USA and Canada transfers without issue ever.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
267 reviews
136 helpful votes
5. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

Prebook USA Transfers or Canada Transfers - private, and you'll be all set - they will tell you what time they will pick you up for your return flight and will be waiting with your name on the list when you arrive.

Flint, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
12 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

There are no private taxis available at Cancun airport. Try Holiday Extras or Holiday Taxis on the web before you leave the UK. I have never been let down in nearly 20 trips, depending on number of passengers expect to pay between £25 to £40 for a return trip.

BC
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
7. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

Prebook with a small family owned and insured service. Excellent rates and totally reliable. https://www.facebook.com/yakatakun/

His current rates with a beer per person included (up to 4 people):

Cancún hotel zone and Downtown 30 usd

Puerto Juárez ferry to Isla 35

Playa Mujeres 45

Puerto Morelos 40

Playa del Carmen 55

Puerto Aventuras 75

Akumal 80

Bahia Principe 80

Tulum Aldea Zamá 90

Tulum La Veleta 95

Beach Road 95 (contact us for rates south of Rosa del Viento and Boca Paila)

Edited: 4:55 pm, March 26, 2019
Chester, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

100 % agree. Four years running and they are never late. Worth every penny when jumping to the hotel zone. It's also available as a dedicated pick up so you don't have to wait for a van to fill up or stop at other resorts along the way.

4 posts
9. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

Hi.... we are actually heading to the same hotel next week. Did you pre-book a airport transfer? If so, may I ask who you used and if they were satisfactory? Thank you!

PS... any suggestions you have for our stay at Fiesta Americana?

Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
10. Re: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone

Definitely pre-book! I used Canada Transfers and it could not have been more easy. I think it was around $56 round trip and that was a private van direct to my hotel. I even was able to order a 24 count case of bottled water they had ready for me. I landed in terminal 3 and walked outside like the instructions said to, and there my name was on a poster, so easy. The van was clean and cool from the air conditioning. The driver was polite and answered all my questions. The pick-up for my return flight was easy as well. I highly recommend them.

Reply to: Airport Transfers to Hotel Zone
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted