We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

I received a fax at my work that looked like it was from my HR dept advertising vacation package specials for $329 per person for a 6day/5night cancun vacation.

I called the 800 number and after they assured me there were no other fees than what I was agreeing to pay at the time I went ahead and purchased the package with cancuncheapticket.com.

A full week goes by and I still hadn't received the package! They referred me to their "customer service" number who ended up being a supposedly different company named Travelcomm and they said that my package hadn't even gone out but they'd send it right out.

I googled the company Travelcomm and read all these horrible things about how they end up charging you a whole bunch of other fees for peak season travel dates. Supposedly, I had agreed on tape for the chance of these "peak season" charges. Guess what Peak Season is?!?!? Basically any month that isn't hurricane season so unless you want to be there during a hurricane you have to pay an additional $200-$600!!!

I immediately went to my bank and disputed the charges to my credit card and got a new card issued with a new card number so they can't mess with me in the future! I haven't received the package yet so I'm hoping that my credit card company will be able to deal with them and I'll get my money back for sure! Has anyone else had trouble getting their money back by just disputing it with your credit card company? Should I also send a letter of notice to cancel the contract with this company?

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

I am surprised your credit card company agreed to help so soon. I got involved with a problem last year and tried to dispute the charges immediately. I was told that my company would not do anything until number one, the charges were posted and I was billed. And secondly, I also had to prove that I had attempted to resolve the issue myself first and was unable to do so. And the gentleman pointed out to me, that did not mean one call. It meant call(s), letters, emails, faxes, etc.

Then, if I could not resolve it on my own I had to write a letter to the company (cc-ing it to my credit card company) logging my complaint, my attempts to resolve it, and telling them of my request to have my credit card company resolve the issue from now on. After all that I find out that the purchase has to be over $50.00 (mine was not so I ended up paying) and get this one, the purchase has to have been made with a merchant in your home state or within 150 miles of your home address. I have since learned that the 150 mile rule is not always enforced but legally they can tell you you are on your own. Basically the better the credit card customer you are the more they are willing to help. We didn't use this particular card much. They could have cared less about helping me.

san diego, ca
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

According to the 2006 Florida Statutes, chapter 559- part XI "Seller of Travel Act": Travelcomm should have disclosed over the phone and again in writting that the consumer has 30 calendar days to change his or her mind from the date of the receipt or actual purchase-whichever is later (Travelcomm uses the same date for both). The statute specifies that if the consumer is not satisfied with the purchase or if the travel company selling such services, fails to provide services as promised, then, the consumer has the right to send a letter requesting a full refund (note that the package sent to you by Travelcomm must also be included in the envelope). It is also in your best interest to send the letter certified and/or signature required, to ensure that the company did receive it.

I mailed my letter over 3 weeks ago and have not heard anything from them. I'm going to find out what needs to be done to file a civil lawsuit against them, and want to know if you would like to participate.

Tennessee
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

I was contacted today by the cancuncheapticket people and I too fell for it AT FIRST! I have just recently found your post as well as several more and I just now called my credit card company and reported the charge fraudulent! I told them that I did not want to pay for this charge and they are closing my account and sending me a new card. I am so thankful that you posted your comment and that I was able to find it! You saved me a lot of heartache and time. For me, this is a HUGE LESSON LEARNED to NEVER EVER EVER trust these type things again.

Thanks

San Diego
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

Hi

I fell for it as well and had my credit card company dispute this charge. There is a Class action against them in the state of CA, you can contact :

Stephen M. Harris

KNAPP, PETERSEN & CLARKE

500 N. Brand Boulevard, 20th floor

Glendale, CA 91203-1904

Tel: (818) 547-5149

Fax: (818) 547-5329

Tucson, AZ
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

I too fell for this scam by recieving a fax at my job which appeared to look like it came from our HR Dept.

I called and spoke with them asking if there were any hidden charges or subsequent charges for incidentials. I was told everything was included and so I paid for what seemed a good value. Since then, I had to pay for processing fees, hotel taxes, gratuties, peak season fees all which have never been disclosed to me at time of the initial conversation before payment. Oh, they taped it alright, to their benefit. I know I asked certain questions and the tape does not have anything on it besides me stating Yes to I understand everything explained to me. I know that was edited!

I want to join any class action suit out there. Please let me know whom, where to contact and I will pursue this with you against this deceiving, unmoral people that call this a business. Shame on them!!!!

Do not do business with anyone unless your are face-to-face with them and then be very, very careful.

Any suggestions to stop this company, please contact me.

scottsdale, az yea...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

This companies website is cancunbestfares.com Below is a link to a page where you can contact them by email.

www.cancunbestfares.com/shop/contact_us.php

They claim that they are in Mexico, but they are registered in Arizona. Another phone number they use is 800-670-3417. When you contact them at that number you get the same rude people (Jackie) but a different company name and they are also supposedly located in Mexico. Now what are the odds of that??? How wierd!!!

Here's a few more interesting details:

1) They only have 2 reviews on their site. Hmmm

2) This is supposedly their address in Mexico.

I'll stop by next time i'm there and update here.

Centro Comercial Chedraui

Local 4. E Suite 8-556

Playa Del Carmen Q. Roo. MX

C.P. 77710

3) Here's how the website is registered:

Technical Contact:

Private, Registration CANCUNBESTFARES.COM@domainsbyproxy.com

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Domains by proxy means that you have no way of finding out who they are unless you subpeona them. Hmmm, How Convenient!

4) There is a Class action against them in the state of CA, you can contact :

Stephen M. Harris

KNAPP, PETERSEN & CLARKE

Glendale, CA 91203-1904

5) Another number for them is 800-670-1823.

6) Another name for them is cancuncheapticket.com

7) Another name for them is travel comm

scottsdale, az yea...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

This companies website is cancunbestfares.com Below is a link to a page where you can contact them by email.

www.cancunbestfares.com/shop/contact_us.php

They claim that they are in Mexico, but they are registered in Arizona. Another phone number they use is 800-670-3417. When you contact them at that number you get the same rude people (Jackie) but a different company name and they are also supposedly located in Mexico. Now what are the odds of that??? How wierd!!!

Here's a few more interesting details:

1) They only have 2 reviews on their site. Hmmm

2) This is supposedly their address in Mexico.

I'll stop by next time i'm there and update here.

Centro Comercial Chedraui

Local 4. E Suite 8-556

Playa Del Carmen Q. Roo. MX

C.P. 77710

3) Here's how the website is registered:

Technical Contact:

Private, Registration CANCUNBESTFARES.COM@domainsbyproxy.com

Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com

15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Domains by proxy means that you have no way of finding out who they are unless you subpeona them. Hmmm, How Convenient!

4) There is a Class action against them in the state of CA, you can contact :

Stephen M. Harris

KNAPP, PETERSEN & CLARKE

Glendale, CA 91203-1904

5) Another number for them is 800-670-1823.

6) Another name for them is cancuncheapticket.com

7) Another name for them is travel comm

Philadelphia, PA
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

I received the same thing via my former employer and paid $600 for an all inclusive to Cancun and 3 other domestic trips (Coco Beach, Orlando, and Las Vegas). I didn't find out that was a scam until NOW, while trying to get my trip confirmed for the past two weeks.

There's nothing my bank can do becasue this purchase was made in 2006.

Philadelphia, PA
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

Oh, and their new name is I.T.T. Their new website is www.yourcancunvacation.com and the international contact is Remy at ext 631. All of the other info (i.e. address and telephone numbers) are the same. This is sickening.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
243 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cancuncheapticket.com + Travelcomm + SCAM!!

Hello All~

Just got done dealing with these jerks myself last week!

We also purchased a package deal last March through my husband's work from a junkfax ad.

Didn't realize how wicked a company they were at the time (now I do!). Made over 100 calls trying to secure a reservation for June. They did a classic "bait and switch" giving us a downgraded (from a 5 star to a 2 star)hotel.

We do have reservations that are legitimate (hotel contacted us to confirm)but we get to listen to a timeshare speach.

I figure we have only saved maybe $200 from what we would have by booking with expedia or hotwire.

My advice is BE PERSISTANT ! I have all their different phone numbers, faxes and email addresses if anyone needs them. I had to basically threaten them everyday for weeks to get our vacation. Too much frustration ~ these people need to be put out of business. Complain to all the consumer agencies on the web also for FL (I have that info too).

Good luck ~ you'll need it!