We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Folklorico dinner show

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Augusta, Maine
Level Contributor
102 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Folklorico dinner show

I have looked on the message boards but I can't find any information about dinner shows. When we first went to Cancun 15 years ago we attended a Mexican themed dinner with a dance show. I think they called it a Folklorico ballet? We loved it...just wondering which hotels offer this entertainment now? Which place is best. We attended the show at the hotel we stayed at, Playa de Oro, which changed to Jack Tar Village last I knew. The show was very well done and the food was delicious. The open atrium lobby was a great setting......we are looking for the same idea as this. How much can we expect to pay?

Thanks for any help.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,784 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Folklorico dinner show

Both the Royal Solaris and the GR Solaris offer the dinner shows you're seeking and I'm sure there's other Hotels offering the same.

Also at the Cancun Convention Center and courtesy of Travel Yucatan for the specifics;

Ballet Folklorico de Cancun

At the Cancun Convention Center.

Dinner show featuring music and dance from every corner of Mexico. Tickets are sold between 8am and 9pm at a booth just as you enter the Convention Center. Buffet dinner is available before the show. Dinner-show guests pay around $48 and arrive at 6:30pm for drinks, with dinner at 7pm and the show at 8pm [includes an open bar, dinner, show, tax, and tip].

You can also pay $30 for the show and an open bar ONLY.

Cancun Convention Center Tel: 881 0400, ext. 193 or 194

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Folklorico dinner show

I agree with Dangers picks, the Convention Center has an excellent folkloric show and a good quality buffet (optional).

For another option with better food in my humble opinion, you may wish to go to a restaurant known as:

La Casa De Las Margaritas

Km 11.9 - 12.3 Plaza La Isla Shopping Village located in the interior of the mall, Tel.: 883 - 3222 and 3054

Open daily 11 a.m. - 11 p.m., and Sunday brunch buffet noon - 5:30 p.m.

Located in La Isla Shopping Village, it is a beautifully decorated establishment, designed to resemble an interior courtyard. Once inside you will notice hand made national art all around the walls of the restaurant, as well as fixtures in the main dining room and even the bathrooms. The shows presented include mariachis, strolling guitarists, singers, as well as dancers in traditional costume. The performances begin roughly at 7 p.m. however I recommend making a reservation and arriving at or just before 6:30 to get a great table.

Buen Provecho,

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Folklorico dinner show

I heard the restaurant Hacienda Sisal Blvd. Kukulcán Km. 13.5 in the hotel Zone has dinner shows. You can check out their website at www.haciendasisal.com for more info.

My wife & I are planning on going during our May vacation.

4. Re: Folklorico dinner show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 29, 2009