We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
nj
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

Any hints?

Leaving Thursday staying at melia turquesa.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
329 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

I had to bite my tongue reading your post (LOL).....you set yourself up for some fun with that ______.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

Lots of dollar bills for tips, large insulated mugs for drinks at the all-inclusives (they give you small glasses and you keep having to order more), our own snorkel equipment. I would bring less clothes, we over-packed big-time!

San Clemente, ca.
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

I even packed a small umbrella..........

so we could keep going in the rain

we only had 5 min of rain......3 days

but, it's no fun to get wet and cold !

enjoy

and yes, bring plenty of one dollar

bills for tipping. You will get great

service !! And, don't forget a thank you.......

Summerfield, NC
Level Contributor
8 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

excellent tips from the other responses. We stayed at the Melia Turquesa and had a great time. Dollar bills are very important-singles! don't take towels- they have pool towels there. Pack light- you will be in your bathing suit most of the time. A hat is good for the sun! A good book or two! The hotel is nice, have a great time! Take a camera and underwater camera or two if you plan to snokel. The underwater cameras are about $18 here for the same camera at Walmart that I purchased for $11. Samuel was our favorit bartender, very nice and spoke fairly good english. Direct calls to anyone cost $2.50 each, so beware.

salt lake city
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

From what I understand, the rain in Cancun isn't cold. Current weather conditions for Nov. 3rd? 91 degrees F with humidity at 66%---On the national weather service website it says that these combined conditions make it feel like 106 degrees. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

Chap stick, band aids for blisters, bigger sized sandles for NOt getting blisters, extra cards and charger for my digital/video camera, waterproof diapers for babies, clippers and birth control and I mean that in a nice way ; )

Scott, don't forget your Crown Royal!

Southampton...
Level Contributor
655 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

Haha! Me sleeping with my son, and my wife sleeping with my daughter will be birth control enough for us! :) Heck, just being in the same room with our kids closes that door! Unless....hmmmm.....they *will* be at the kid's club all day.....hmmm....

St. Louis, MO USA
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

I thought that was the MAIN reason for the kids club ; )

Washington
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

Bring lots of sunscreen as it is way overpriced in Cancun (around $14 a bottle). Also bring tennis shoes if you plan to go to Chichen Itza or if you'll be doing a lot of walking.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Memphis, Tn.
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I wish i remembered to bring___________ to cancun.

I wish I remembered to bring "eveything I own and live there" to cancun. LOL. A good camera, sunscreen, pack lite, a good appetite, underwater camera for snorkeling, lots of $1's for tipping, and a good memory, because you'll want to store up all you can for when you have to leave. Have a great time.