We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/ resort with elderly parents

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel/ resort with elderly parents

I have a friend who wants to bring-his parents.. to Cancun at the end of January… Middle of the road pricing, $1500 to 1200 for a week per person, on the beach.. resort that will be good for the elderly as far as getting around. They're not big eaters and do not drink ..where would you suggest .

Thank you

5 replies to this topic
PA
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel/ resort with elderly parents

Look into Royal Islander and Royal Caribbean...Go to www.royalresorts.com

St. Paul, MN, US
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel/ resort with elderly parents

A friend traveled to Live Aqua with her 90+ year old father.

Calgary
Level Contributor
738 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel/ resort with elderly parents

I would suggest Now Sapphire if they would consider a resort near Puerto Moreles. (20 mins from airport, south)

It is a medium size resort, very few stairs that I recall, and would be in that price range. I'd consider it a 4.5 star resort. Buildings have elevators. Beach is nice but doesn't have the "blue" water most days.

A downfall may be it had a tub / shower combo and you must take a big step up and over to get into it. Could be an issue if they are 80 years young.

Live Aqua usually prices higher.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel/ resort with elderly parents

Will check into these. I have stayed in Puerto Morales myself.. I did enjoy this area.

I'm not sure if they will be renting a vehicle/taxi or just basically hanging out at resort…would like to have a little bit of entertainment, just in case they stay at the resort the entire week.

Thanks😊

PA
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel/ resort with elderly parents

There is daytime entertainment like bingo around the pool area at RI and RC. Not too much at night. Really no need to rent a car. IMO... Plenty of taxis available

Edited: 6:47 am, December 17, 2017
Reply to: Hotel/ resort with elderly parents
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted