We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
67 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

Based on recommendations from this site I have been trying to book a night at this hotel in February before my very early 7 AM flight back to the States. The TripAdvisor link sent me to booking.com, they do not show the hotel on booking.com at all and I can’t find a working link anywhere on the Internet. Any ideas of how I can book this hotel?

Thanks in advance,

Lynne

17 replies to this topic
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,801 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

How often book that hotel through booking.com but find they often remove the hotel from their listings when they have no availability. Not sure when your booking but I just looked at February and found it on booking.com. They are also shown on other sites such as expedia.com and hotels.com . I'll look for some dates and those sites do show it when it's not available on the date you select.

Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

Here's the direct link:

http://kin-mayab.cancun-hotels.org/en/

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,801 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

I have stayed at this hotel for years and never had any luck with the direct link. I have often found rooms available when they show sold out because they commit the rooms to the travel sites. When I have found rooms they are more expensive than the other sites. Of course that is not unusual. I've often found the same in many hotels.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
67 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

Well, I cannot get thru, so they must be booked. Any other suggestions? We will be coming from PDC and our flight departs at 7 am!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,801 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

Not sure I understand because sites such as Expedia and hotels.com will tell you if the hotel is booked so you will really have no doubt once you input their dates. But I did not realize you were coming from Playa del Carmen and thank in that case I would stay in Playa and pre-arranged a taxi or private van for departure to the airport the next morning.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

+52 998 884 2999 Maybe try calling them

BTW, I love you name

Lynz D

Edited: 10:09 am, December 15, 2017
Merrimack, New...
Level Contributor
465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

I just used the link I provided above and used an arbitrary date. It came back with no availability but with suggestions for other nearby hotels.

kin-mayab.cancun-hotels.org/…

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
67 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

That’s what I have been experiencing. Also no answer on their phone number?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,801 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

Mexican hotels often are not good at answering their phone because the desk clerk often answers the phone while doing many other tasks. I just booked the Kin Mayab on Expedia with no problem.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
67 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab

I have given up and moved on. Based on the Booking.com site, we booked Selina Cancun for the one night. It seems to be located about at the same place as Hotel Kin Mayan. Interestingly, no reviews on trip advisor and the hotel is not even listed, but there are 444 reviews on booking.com. I will report back in February

Reply to: Trying to book Hotel Kin Mayab
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted