We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta grand Americana Boring

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Fiesta grand Americana Boring

Must say after being here for a few days this hotel is boring. There is no energy here. Large open spaces in the hotel that are completely empty...feels like the movie The Shining. Pool areas are almost empty most of the time. No music at all. Also seems a bit old and outdated...needs a freshening. Disappointed with the hotel.

6 replies to this topic
1. Re: Fiesta grand Americana Boring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:28 pm, December 07, 2017

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Fiesta grand Americana Boring

This time of yr Cancun is slow.

On top of that, IMO that is a low energy hotel even when there are people SOME people there. . I emphasize some because, that place does not pack em in to start with due to it being a EP hotel.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Fiesta grand Americana Boring

This time is not slow for Cancun. Tks giving and xmas used to be always packed. Not anymore, but the prices have not gone down ... We paid the most we ever did this year and will not be returning. Everything is completely dead.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Fiesta grand Americana Boring

Sounds wonderful to me, peace and quiet for a change in that area. I have no idea what hotel you are talking about though since FA has 3 hotels in Cancun under the FA brand and at least one under another (Aqua Live). I was just at one of them, the Grand Coral, and I only wish it were quiet like you said, it wasn't quiet at all. I detest public music anyway, I hate being forced to listen to what is usually offensive and obnoxious music, so your situation sounds fantastic to me. Also, when public music is playing, you can't listen to what you want on your own device as well.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,848 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Fiesta grand Americana Boring

The OP was talking about Grand Coral Beach.

The first few week of Dec are slow and it ramps up sharply to max capacity after that.

i have a good idea that reply #3 was voice text as every sentence after the fist 1 contradicts the rest of he reply.

Like I said it's slow this time of yr. I was NOT referring to Thanksgiving Christmas or New Yrs eve. Just the first 2 weeks of Dec. There are some killer deals to be had if you as smart shopper.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Fiesta grand Americana Boring

I'm in agreement with Cancunone, early December seems to be best time for a trip as far as price, I paid less than half for this week (in Cancun right now) than I would for the same room (Paradisus Royal Service) in January. Did the legwork on-line, booked directly through the resort website.

As for energy, I guess it depends on your point of view. We're in our 50s, not party animals by any means. To us a nice, relaxing getaway to someplace warm sounds like heaven...

Reply to: Fiesta grand Americana Boring
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted