We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any subjections for traveling from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Veracruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mtl.
3 posts
Save Topic
Any subjections for traveling from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos

I have a situation where I have to go from the Vercruz Airport to Coatzacoalcos, or at least the airport of Minatitlan, in the same evening.

For a lone male adult, who's never been in Mexico and who's spanish is not to great.

How should I go about this? Is their Shuttles service or bus from the airport or should I take a cab?

As I posses no drivers license I may not rent a car.

Please advise me of the cheapest and SAFEST way to travel.

Thank you in advance... P-F

veracruz, mexico
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Any subjections for traveling from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos

If time factor is important I would think your best bet is to fly from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos, or Minatitlan

Taxi from airport in Veracruz to ADO bus station is about 15 bucks and takes around 15 minutes to get there.. As I recall, its about a 5 hr bus trip from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos... jonw in veracruz

Mtl.
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any subjections for traveling from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos

thank you Jonw for the info.

I think the bus is my only chance... I still wonder if its safe to travel in that time bracket. I've been told to stay away from mexican Highways at night???

veracruz, mexico
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Any subjections for traveling from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos

I have been around here for 8 yrs plus.. haven't heard of a single incident in Veracruz.... In the past I have heard of some problems in chiapas and some other states on pacific side..

Mtl.
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any subjections for traveling from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos

thank you again Jonw,

you are reashuring me quite a bit. I've heard stories that people in some parts of Mexico where very kind.

But family and friends have been worried and worrying me. And not knowing the country myself, at least not of yet, did not know what to prepare for.

Thank's again for your help, and I can't wait to appreciate your little paradise on earth.

Sincerely DragonzMtl.

5. Re: Any subjections for traveling from Veracruz to Coatzacoalcos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Veracruz