We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxco December 23 - 26

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxco December 23 - 26

My wife, two children (16 & 20) and I will arrive in Taxco 12/23 by bus from Acapulco and continue to Mexico City on 12/26. We are staying at the Los Arcos Hotel. What can be expect to be happening In Taxco over the Christmas Holiday. Will restaurants be open on Christmas Day? My daughter would like to go

horseback riding, will likely be available or not?

Any specific information like Christmas dinner at a particular restaurant or a contact for horseback rides, or just general info would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the info I've already received from this forum.

Seattle, Washington
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

Hi, steve_ss,

Sorry that I am gonna ask you something not related to your post if you don't mind. My friend and I are going to Taxco in late Nov and want to stay at Hotel Los Arcos. I am wondering if you call them to make a reservation since we emailed them but didn't get reply. Your answers will be greatly appreciated. Also, have a good vacation, too!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

tripsan,

We made our reservation by phone. My wife speaks fluent Spanish. I don't know how their English is.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

Hi Steve,

Can you give me their contact number for reservations, we're doing the 1 day trip driving in from MX and spending the night before we head out to Acapulco. On 12/27 my family & I will be there to do some sightseeing for the day and night. I'm trying to get rates at the Best Western as well, enjoy your stay, sounds like fun. Also do you know if roads are safe? we're renting our vehicle at MX airport and traveling from MX to Acapulco, stoping in Cuervnavaca for 1 day and Taxco 1 day and 6 days in Acapulco and back to MX to head back home on Jan.3

thanks,

EP

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

Hi EPH,

Hotel Los Arcos: PHONE: 762/622-1836. FAX: 762/622-7982.

Don't know persoanaly but I think they are major roads that should be safe. Have fun.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

Thank you Steve, got the positive feedback elsewhere about roads being safe. I feel much better. Have fun and enjoy your vacation.

EP

6. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 pm, March 12, 2008
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

Thank you Sherry, I didn't see your post until today. It is getting close and we are getting excited.

Do you know if there will be a Midnight Mass or what other public ceremonies we might expect Christmas Eve.?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

Hi Sherry. Can you recommed a safe, quite & clean hotel in Taxco?

9. Re: Taxco December 23 - 26

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 19, 2009