We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoping to relocate to Taxco Sept. 2011

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hoping to relocate to Taxco Sept. 2011

I am now teaching English in Peru, but will be visiting Taxco in June to look for a long term rental (preferably 2 bedrooms) to begin in September. My goal is to establish a TEFL course in my home and to become a contributing member of the community.

I need advice as to where to stay for possibly 10 days in June and who to talk to about long term rentals.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice you can give me.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
mexico,
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoping to relocate to Taxco Sept. 2011

Hi I live in Taxco and by coincidence read your post, my brother has some small apartments that he rents in Taxco his name is alfonso Ramirez and phone is 762 622 50 18 you can send him an e mail to citlalr@msn.com and i will forward it, don´t know now his e mail.

I work in a small 16th century hotel, Hotel los Arcos , really beautifull, maybe you can come and visit, if i can help you with more information . Please let me know.

Would like to meet you!! and good luck!

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoping to relocate to Taxco Sept. 2011

What a nice surprise!! I had given up on receiving a response. Your English is excellent. I have had a little delay in my plans; I probably won't get to Taxco until the middle of September. I hope I have an apartment waiting for me??, but I may need to talk to your brother. Thank you for his phone number.

The woman who is supposed to be holding a place for me is named Lydia, and her son is Eric. They are about 2 blocks from the Zocalo. But I have to call her and tell her that my arrival time is later.

I have seen the ads for your hotel, and we may have things to discuss when I get there. The site for the course that I hope to establish (starting in October) is www.tefltaxcomexico.com -- my name is Cathy Howard, and email is cactuscathy@msn.com, in case you want to contact me off this site.

Mentioned in this post
Zocalo
Zocalo
507 Reviews
Taxco, Mexico
3. Re: Hoping to relocate to Taxco Sept. 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, October 10, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Taxco