We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visting in June

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Taxco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Visting in June

Is it very busy in June? As we cant make up our mind where we want to stay for a couple of days, we thought we would just go for it and find a place when we got there. Does that sounds ok? Also what do you think the best three restuarants are? We love seafood, mexican, chicken. Oh of course Frozen Margaritas!!!!

Thanks

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visting in June

I think weekends are very busy in Taxco, year-round. Weekdays in July should be reasonably quiet.

I was in Taxco at the end of January this year and wrote a trip report on a different website, and posted some hotel comments here at TA. Here's the trip report:

http://tinyurl.com/2sf549

I'm not a big fan of Taxco and don't think it worthy of a special trip, but I understand each of us has different travel preferences.

My 'gut feel' is that you'll probably be disappointed with the food/drinks. I think the focus in Taxco is more on chicken and beef/pork than seafood. Frozen Margaritas (and regular Margaritas) are more of a tourist thing than something many 'locals' will be found drinking, but if you look hard enough you'll find them. It's not the beach.

Have a great time and come on back with a trip report when you return home.

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visting in June

Thanks gomexico for that information, i appreciated it. My husband has been before and loved it, but at the time he was in the silver business, he didnt go to the flea market but to the silversmiths and watched them do there craft with minimal tools. He doesnt feel people appreciate what is involved in some the pieces that are hand made. He just couldnt remember where he stayed, he cant walk all that well so we need to stay close to everything (and bring ear plugs). We are staying in ACA and this is a side trip. I hope i am not disappointed, but at the same time i have never been, and i love an adventure...however it turns out. We also want to go to the caves (do we need special clothing for the caves - is it cold in these caves?) Thanks

3. Re: Visting in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 24, 2009