We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

I read that there are available night buses from SCLC to Oaxaca.

Are there any day services on that same route , please ?

Thank you.

Peik Wan

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,477 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

ADO is the main bus company in that part of the country. Their website should help: http://ado.com.mx/

Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

Many thanks.

Peik Wan

Gloversville, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

Peikwan, The bus line "Cristobal Colón" was of equal quality and had many more departures and arrivals south of Mexico City than did ADO or at least it did when I lived in Chiapas from 1994-2006. (Now when I went on line, I noted that someone had posted that ADO and Cristóbal Colón are owned by the same company. ) I don't know what the schedules are now, but back before 2006, there were various daytime departures in both directions by Cristóbal Colón. Roland

San Cristobal de...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

No day buses.

Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

Hello Roland,

My question was posted on 20 Jul 2012 and answered by ViajeroPerdid on the same day. I finished my travel in Nov 2012. But thanks anyway.

Peik Wan

Spain
Level Contributor
78 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

Hello Heydule,

My question was posted in 20 Jul 2012 and was answered on the same day. I finished my travels in Nov 2012.

Anyway, thank you.

Peik Wan

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,729 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

" The bus line "Cristobal Colón" was of equal quality and had many more departures and arrivals south of Mexico City than did ADO"

Disagree on the equal quality. You may be lucky and get a relatively new bus on CC but chances are you won't. And usually no restroom. ADO places these in the economy class and offers lower fares for a reason.

8. Re: Bus Travel from San Cristobal de las Casas to Oaxaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 14, 2014