We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiapas Trip

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Cristobal de las Casas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LAredo
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chiapas Trip

Im going to Chiapas on summer 2012 and was wondering what optios are better, use an operator tour company? Rent a car o travel by bus?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiapas Trip

I travel by bus. I have no idea what's best for you though.

I can recommend an excellent guidebook: Moon Chiapas. After studying that, you'll probably have a good idea of what you want to do, and how to best do it.

LAredo
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiapas Trip

Thanks

Do the buses like ADO/OCC arrive to the all touristic places?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiapas Trip

ADO and OCC buses service the main towns (especially San Cristobal and Palenque, which might be of interest to you), but for the smaller destinations (eg Lagunas de Montebello), there are colectivos (vans that function as buses).

Many of the locals don't have cars either, so there's a great public transportation network that goes almost everywhere.

4. Re: Chiapas Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, May 03, 2013