We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Small house or Apartment

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for Small house or Apartment

My wife, myself and our small non-shedding terrier are looking for a two month rental for January and February 2007.

Oaxaca
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Small house or Apartment

Unfortunately, January and February are peak months for snowbirds. Many rent the same apartments and bungalows year after year.

On the other hand, I have heard but not confirmed that some snowbirds are cancelling their reservations due to the protests.

Of course, if the protests end before the middle of September the snowbirds will rebook.

Some hotels, such as Villa del Campo have apartments that are reasonable. Across from my apartment is Villas de Alcala which is a property with individual bungalows. Both of these are on the internet so you should be able to get information on prices and availability.

The Posada de Santo Domingo de Guzman is a little more expensive and rents suites that are like small apartments with kitchens.

Generally speaking, hotels in Oaxaca are very pet friendly.

2. Re: Looking for Small house or Apartment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 17, 2009