We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

Is it best to fly or take the first class bus from Mexico City to Oaxaca - is the bus trip comfortable?

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

I have heard from a contact who taught ESL in Oaxaca for 6 months earlier this year that the teachers are shutting down the roads from Mexico City to Oaxaca. I am wondering about travel and also visiting Oaxaca during this time. Thanks.

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

I am curious what time you are talking about…you don't say in your question….

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,594 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

Stuff like this would be in the news.

www.google.com/search…

eluniversal.com.mx/estados/2013/impreso/bloq…

http://translate.google.com/

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

If you plan your life and your vacations to Oaxaca around what the teachers do or may do, you'll never visit Oaxaca. Really! They are always doing something or other, or threatening something or other, but the city always manages to function (except for those months in 2006), and if you cannot use the main highway you can always use a secondary one, to get here and to visit the central valley sights .... always. And if they take over the toll road from Mexico City to Oaxaca, it will likely mean one of three things: 1) Toll(s) will not be paid (free passage); 2) They will receive the money from charging tolls and the highway authority will not; 3) Vehicles will have to use the old highway for at least part of the trip, and again no toll charges

Alvin Starkman - www.oaxaca-mezcal.com .

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

thanks for the responses - since I haven't been to Oaxaca, and in fact visiting my first place in Mexico I am not totally carefree about this. The person that told me about this had alot of trouble getting out of Oaxaca earlier this year because of this - and was very discouraging.

2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

Yes the bus is good way, use Executive line bus travel is very good p.s take a trip to the coast

2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

Yes the bus is good way, use Executive line bus travel is very good p.s take a trip to the coast

18. Re: Travel from Mexico City to Oaxaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 09, 2014