We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental near the zocalo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vacation rental near the zocalo

I just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for a house, condo, apt, etc to rent near the zocalo in Oaxaca. My husband and I, along with another couple would like to travel to Oaxaca either in March or May to spend a week in the city. My husband, and my friend's husband would like a place with a kitchen so that they can cook up some delicious meals with fresh ingredients from the markets. I'm having a hard time finding anything closer than a 20-30 minute walk from the city center. We are looking for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom. Our budget is around $750-$1000 for the week.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
368 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental near the zocalo

Most short-term rentals in Centro are studios and one-bedroom since they cater to the winter residents (mostly retired couples or singles). I think you will not find anything in a two-bedroom in March in your price range that is less than a 20 minute walk to the Zocolo; note that the Historic Center (Centro) starts much further north than the Zocolo so you would probably be only about 10 or 15 minutes from Santo Domingo if you rent in Xochimilco or Jalatlaco. I gather from all the questions on this forum as well as my friends' experiences last spring, that reasonably priced places are pretty well booked up for March, so I advise concentrating on May.

Chicago
Level Contributor
10 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental near the zocalo

This may be too late for your travel plans, but we have a 4 br house that we rent out most of the year, located near the intersection of Gomez Farias and the Andador, which at the moment is available as of July 28, 2014.

San Diego...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental near the zocalo

Try this link..http://www.suitesbelloxochimilco-oaxaca.com/index.php , looks available, about 10 minutes from the Zocalo and not too expensive

4. Re: Vacation rental near the zocalo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 19, 2014