We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guelaguetza tickets

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Redding, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Guelaguetza tickets

I tried twice with American Express Card to buy 4 Guelaguetza tickets for 7/17 my printer messed up the first time and I lost the confirmation number and never heard back from Ticketmaster Mexico the second time the charges for tickets were reversed I just found out two days ago , a lady from the hotel will try to get our tickets but if she fails is there someone or someway we can get 4 tickets for any of the performances since we'll be there until the 25th of July. I guess there is a van service from the airport to the cental part of town ?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guelaguetza tickets

There is a van service. You can also arrange for pick up at your hotel to take you back to the airport. The office in the town are across from the cathedral.

Larpman

http://www.larpman.com

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guelaguetza tickets

The events face the risk of being disrupted by the teachers strike - so take that possibility into consideration.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guelaguetza tickets

Thank you for the info we do have tickets. I'm praying now the teacher's strike won't interfere with the performance , people from all over the world see the Guelaguetza , I can't imagine they would be permitted to interfere with the shows but then I'm in the US.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guelaguetza tickets

If you have not heard, the festival has been cancelled. GoMexico has greater detail on an earlier post. I hope that you can get a refund.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guelaguetza tickets

An estimated 20,000 tourists are being inconvenienced by the selfish acts of a band of radicals who've usurped the teachers strike. The 2006 Guelaguetza hs been cancelled. Maybe the event will be rescheduled, may be not. I'll place my bet on "NOT."

Redding, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guelaguetza tickets

I did get tickets which were refunded through the help of my hotel. Despite everything my wife and I and our friends had fun. Due to frequent flyer miles and commitments to other people we stayed in Oaxaca 10 days near the Zocalo and had a nice time withall the nearby tours and churches etc. A store on Macedonio Alcala Taller de joyeria Orfebre on 206 refused to exchange a defective ring they sold to our friend. We had to go to a Govt agency to file a complaint to force the merchant to do the right thing. I would not recommend Hotel de Francia but would Hostal Casa San Felipe as places to stay.

7. Re: Guelaguetza tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 12, 2009