We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am flying into OAX airport late and need to get to Puerto

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Colorado Springs...
1 post
Save Topic
I am flying into OAX airport late and need to get to Puerto

I am told it is affordable to take a Van but I have not been able to find a specific company. I am flying in around 9pm and need to know if there are overnight vans as this would be ideal. I can't find any info on where these vans actually leave from and at what time

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am flying into OAX airport late and need to get to Puerto

I would advise against taking the van overnight even if one exists. That road is extremely precarious even in daylight and you will not be able to get any rest at all because of all the mountainous roads. If you really do need to get there without spending a night in Oaxaca get the OCC bus at 11 pm which goes the longer way round (takes a little over 10 hours) and you should be able to sleep. (Not sure why you didn't fly directly to PE but I assume you have your reasons!)

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am flying into OAX airport late and need to get to Puerto

I agree with SteveMex. Your accommodations host should be able to get you a taxi to the closest van service to where you will be spending the night (or more likely it will be walking distance). There are several downtown, each with several departure times beginning early morning, but to my knowledge none really advertise much. I like the one on Arista #107, others like Eclipse, and there are a couple on Galeana. But there are more.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

3. Re: I am flying into OAX airport late and need to get to Puerto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 14, 2014