We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any teenagers going to Oaxaca in June?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Pittsburgh...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any teenagers going to Oaxaca in June?

My husband and I will be in Oaxaca with our 15 year old daughter during the month of June. Just wondering if anyone out there has a teenager who might be looking for someone to hang out with a bit - go get helados or do an intercambio at the library or something. Our daughter loves Oaxaca, speaks decent Spanish, and can find her way around, but we want to try to meet more people this time around.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any teenagers going to Oaxaca in June?

I suggest you also post this in Spanish on the Spanish Oaxaca forum, assuming it exists. Also, ask the hosts at your hotel or owner of the apartment or home at which you'll be staying, assuming they're Oaxacan. We always found that the best cultural experiences for our daughter were gained from being with local kids around her age or a few years older. It will do wonders for her accent and vocabulary and expose her to aspects of Oaxacan society (hopefully only the good ones) that she wouldn't get hanging with an American, Canadian, Brit or Aussie visiting for a month or so.

Alvin Starkman - Casha Macaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

Pittsburgh...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any teenagers going to Oaxaca in June?

Alvin - all good advice, thank you. We do have some things set up for her to spend time with local youth.

3. Re: Any teenagers going to Oaxaca in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 03, 2014