We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oaxaca in October

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
oaxaca in October

We're flying to Huatulco in October but have no idea where to stay.We would like a quieter resort(have been to Cancun and do not want anything like that)with smaller good quality hotels.Also what is weather like and is car hire expensive as we are willing to drive a short while for a really good area?

Miami
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oaxaca in October

Try a small place about 45 minutes away from Huatulco. The hotel is called Bahia de la Luna and has about 10 (?) bungalows.

Stayed there a couple of months ago. Secluded beach, nice cabanas and great food - not the cheapest place though!

Definitely a place to relax and hang out for a couple of nights.

I was in that area in the high season, so the car rental was surprisingly expensive; however, I was told that the rates are much more affordable in low season.

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,719 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oaxaca in October

Try Villas Carrizalillo in Puerto Escondido. The hotel has about 9 units, and is on a cliff overlooking the safest beach in the town. Taxi trips to the core of downtown with the surfing beach etc are about 20 pesos. Just make sure you get a suite with A/C that's been renovated...they're beautiful. Much nicer resort than Huatulco, from someone who lives in Oaxaca (casa machaya) and has vacationed in both places. Good luck

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oaxaca in October

All of Huatulco is generally quiet - it's a world apart from Cancun, Acapulco, etc. when it comes to that type of beehive activity. Staying at one of the resorts on one of the bays is what I suggest, and I don't think you'll need a car (I advise against it). To get an idea of the hotels you can choose from, and what recent guests have to say about them, use the "search" box in the upper left corner of this page and enter "Huatulco" and you'll find lots of inrormation not only about hotels but attractions, restaurants, etc. I've also seen some mention of nice condos for rent, if that's your cup of tea. If so, let us know.

Dallas
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: oaxaca in October

We stayed last March at the Camino Real. We rented an condo at the hotel from an individual . It was very nice and had a magnificent view. I think we bested the best hotel for the money. It is plenty quiet but great staff. My daughter had left a gameboy in a cab and the Hotel Head bellman tracked the man down after a day and a half and returned it to us. Now how is that for service. We found the food in the area general to be ok not outstanding but the meals at the hotel were nice. For a fantastic meal and romantic dinner go to the Hotel down the street. One of the best views I've ever seen in Mexico. Its were all the movie stars stay . I would go back to this hotel but I like a busier night life and Huatulca is pretty laid back. It is an up and comer but it will take some years. We didn't rent a car. We didn't need one. I've been to Mexico 20 times at least and I will never go back to Cancun. We had a one night lay over and that is enough. That is not Mexico.

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oaxaca in October

bedouin2,

The name says it: Camino Real Zaashila in Huatulco.

Enjoy it!

KM