We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benito Juarez Holiday

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Oaxaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Benito Juarez Holiday

I will be in Oaxaca for Juarez Birthday Holiday. Is there any event on that day that is a must see in or out of town? Also, any concerts, art exhibitions and other events of special interest from the 17th to the 23rd of March.

Oaxaca
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Benito Juarez Holiday

http://www.oaxlibrary.com/

This link should go to the events schedule. If it goes to the home page, click on events. Things get added so you might want to check it again just before you leave home.

oaxaca
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,450 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benito Juarez Holiday

If the response by jptk doesn't work, email me and I'll send you the most recent Calendar of Cultural Events. It's updated frequently. Alvin Starkman -- Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Benito Juarez Holiday

I was there last year for the holiday; it was a special birthday commemoration so a little more going on than normal. The new museum was dedicated; the renovation of parque Llano / parque Juarez was celebrated. It was a great excuse for setting off more cohuetes than usual.

One of my classmates went to the pueblo of Juárez birth and was invited by a local family to join their celebration.

One of my friends who is a direct descendent of Sr. Juárez basically just ignored the whole thing.

Enjoy your stay, Mary

4. Re: Benito Juarez Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 pm, August 26, 2009