We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day Guanajuato trip

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
One day Guanajuato trip

Hi, would it be possible to do Guanajuato in just one day? I mean, we only want to go the the Museo de Momias, we've been before to Guanajuato many years ago for a few days. So we only want to repeat the museum.

We are staying in Centro Historico in DF, how would be the best way to get there?

Have someone done this before?

Or should I just forget about it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day Guanajuato trip

It's about 5 hours one way by bus. I'd forget about.

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
7,825 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day Guanajuato trip

iambatgirl, it would be a very long day certainly; but if you don't mind a long round-trip bus ride to visit the museum, then I'd say go for it; why not?? It (the museum) certainly won't be any closer for you when you return home..... and unless you have other pressing travel plans, I'd go ahead and make a (long) day of it.

I believe that you would catch a bus from the Terminal Norte, as they would have the most departures to Guanajuato. I'd look for a very early departure, to afford you the most time in Guanajuato for your museum tour. You will probably arrive back in Mexico DF quite late.....maybe around midnight or so.... but I'd say "go for it" as none of us are getting any younger and when will you have another chance like this to visit this museum??

¡Se diviertán!

Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day Guanajuato trip

Thanks

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day Guanajuato trip

Unbeknownst to many, there is also a mummy museum in Celaya, which is about an hour and 10 minutes closer.

Maybe an option? Celaya has a pleasant centro as well.

www.travelbymexico.com/celaya/atractivos/…

Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day Guanajuato trip

Ohh let me check it out

6. Re: One day Guanajuato trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 04, 2017