We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City Layover

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
8 posts
Save Topic
Mexico City Layover

We arrive from Cuba in to Mexico City Terminal 2 at 8;30am on a Monday and depart T2 to Australia via LA at 3pm with Delta Airlines. Assumming an hour to get thru customs that gives us btween 9;30 and 12;30 so about a 3 hour layover

Is this enough time to organise a car tour of the city to return with the required 3 hours book in with an american airline( we really dont want to miss the plane)

Can we book in our bags so early as soon as we arrive from Cuba or will we have to take them with us on the car tour,

Alternatively is there somewhere really close to the airport we could get a taxi to and safely have a wonder around for 2 hours. I would rather be safely at the airport 3 hours before our plane than being stuck in a traffic snarl in mexico city

Many thanks

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City Layover

Take a look at the top question "What can I do on a Layover?" Your time frame is a bit tight, but doable.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City Layover

I'm sorry but i strongly advice to better get comfy at the airport, traffic has been hectic this past few weeks and the airport though its just in the middle of the city is quite far from all the tourist hot spots.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
36 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City Layover

I'm afraid that going through immigration and customs could easily take more than 1 hour. And as Ana H explained traffic is heavy to go form the airport to anywhere on the city. So sit and relax in any of the Lounges or restaurants at the airport terminal.

4. Re: Mexico City Layover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 22, 2017