We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice hotel in zona rosa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Monterrey
1 post
Save Topic
nice hotel in zona rosa

Hi everyone!

Im gonna travel to Mexico City next week (2-4 nov) and I´m looking for a nice and not to expensive hotel (i´m in a budget). My boyfriend is gonna play in th Hard Rock Live, and we are looking for a hotel near it.

I was searching in the net and I found a very good rates in the Segovia Regency Hotel and Casa de la Condesa Reforma Hotel. Wich one do you recommend?

Also, we are 22 years old, and we want to know the best places to go out. My boyfriend likes indie rock.

Thanx!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Segovia Regency
Segovia Regency
274 Reviews
Mexico City, Mexico
Casa de la Condesa
Casa de la Condesa
149 Reviews
Mexico City, Mexico
Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico
Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico
#2 of 311 hotels in Mexico City
Isaaya Hotel Boutique
Isaaya Hotel Boutique
#4 of 311 hotels in Mexico City
Historico Central
Historico Central
#5 of 311 hotels in Mexico City
Vancouver
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice hotel in zona rosa

before my visit to DF, it was a tough choice for me to pick whether staying at zona rosa or by the zocalo. if you enjoy night life, an area which is still lively 'til 2, 3 am. enjoy an area where you could still wonder around safely past mid night. you should stay in zona rosa.

i found a hotel called Eurostars. search it on expedia. it's about $60 per night plus tax. i think this is the best i can find with "quality" rooms. it seems to be a fairly new property, which is close to all the night life!

if you're really on budge.... hotel catedral by the cathedral is an excellent choice. at a price of $42 including tax. you get almost the same quality room. it takes abt 15-25 mins on metro to zona rosa.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice hotel in zona rosa

Lots of musicians seem to stay at the Marco Polo - including touring international groups. The Marco Polo is in the Zona Rosa. If Eurostar Suites (which was recently purchased from Fiesta Americana Suites) is offering rates as low as quoted in the above comments, grab the room - because there's nothing that low in the Zona Rosa, from what I've seen.

Segovia Regency is a good choice, too - I think. It's not in the Zona Rosa per se, but right across the street (little to no difference, really)

I'm not a rockster - but I do know that there's an internationally famous indie rock venue in Colonia Granada, near Polanco. At the moment I can't recall the name. Maybe someone else around here remembers. There are maybe 1/2 dozen places in the Zona Rosa where rock bands perform at bars/clubs - but they dont' sound all that good/quality to me. Though, as I've already said - I'm no rockster and, therefore, not a good judge of that music.

Hard Rock Live - if it's the one in Polanco - is a nice venue and in one of the nicer areas of Mexico City. There's a lively street scene there - with restaurants, etc. It's expensive though - in comparison with much of the rest of the city - but it's a unique are in the city. Take some time to window shop!

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Zona Rosa
Zona Rosa
537 Reviews
Mexico City, Mexico
Segovia Regency
Segovia Regency
274 Reviews
Mexico City, Mexico
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
Polanco
Polanco
986 Reviews
Mexico City, Mexico
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
3. Re: nice hotel in zona rosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 22, 2009