We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The weather in Mexico City

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucharest,Romania
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
The weather in Mexico City

I would like to know the best period of the year to go in vacation in Mexico City. As I know in the summer is very, very hot and it's raining almost every day. It's true? As for me, I have free time only in the summer time and I really want to go to Mexic. So, I need your help. Thanks.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The weather in Mexico City

Mexico City is a high-elevation city, and, therefore, it doesn't typically get "hot." Summer temperatures might see highs of 72-75F, with rare exceptions higher than that. Nighttime lows, in Summer, will be in the range of 58-60F. Yes, it does rain consistently - from mid-May to probably mid-September.

Other times of year that I enjoy in the city are the February - April time, and October - November.

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The weather in Mexico City

Hola Gabriela12,

If you have only summer available to visit Mexico City it is a great time.

Right now it is about 23ºC (73/74ºF) and it's nice (tomorrow back to the US). Yes, some parts of the day are hot but after the rain (and RAIN is RAIN here) it cools off the rest of the day/evening. This is not a rule, but most of the time it rains in the late evening and/or at night. Once in Mexico City you can use the great and inexpensive (for tourists) 1st class/luxury bus system to go to different parts of the country. So strart planning for next summer and have your back-pack ready!!!

KM

Bucharest,Romania
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The weather in Mexico City

Muchas gracias and I'll dear to disturb you for many advices.

Mexico City,Mexico
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The weather in Mexico City

The summer rains have been heavy and expected to remain like that at least until October.It used to be that the last rains occured in mid-September,but over the last years this is not the case.

The most popular season is December-March.Some days in the Fall are spectacular,but rare

5. Re: The weather in Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 18, 2009