We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flights

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
178 reviews
Save Topic
Best flights

Hi we are two Australians wishing to fly from Mexico City to either London or Europe in Sept/Oct 2014, does anyone have any ideas on the cheapest possible flight options.

Thank you

BC
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best flights

I am from Canada, so have never flown that route. But I looked at some fares and it seems to be one of the places where a round trip ticket is cheaper than a one way. I've heard of that, but it never happens leaving from Canada.

For instance, you could fly AirCanada, via Toronto to London, one way for Cdn$1819. mid September.

Or you could get the same flight to London and return a couple weeks later for Cdn$1495. Pretty expensive. Hope you get some better options.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best flights

United has flights via Newark for around £900 one-way. Generally one-way flights from U.S./Mexico are very expensive one-way. Another option is to look at someone like Condor although you will need two stops (Cancun and Frankfurt) but I have flown them one-way before and they were a lot cheaper.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best flights

From Mexico City, fly Delta to Atlanta, then fly british air direct and overnight to London. Atlanta from Mexico City is cheap as chips, then to London from Atlanta in October shouldn't be too bad. £900 sounds a bit high.

Also, from Mexico City can go to Dallas ( DfW), there's a direct flight to London from there.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best flights

BA one-way fares Atlanta-Heathrow are £918 in that time frame - then you have to add MEX-ATL fare. I know it's crazy but it's true!!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best flights

The advice in #3 is really bad anyway, cost notwithstanding. It is never advisable to book separate tickets with airlines that don't have an interline agreement. If you miss your connection you will have to buy another ticket for the onward flight. I know. It almost happened to me once, in Houston. Never again!

If you are prepared to make your ownway to Cancun, Condor will apparenty get you to London Gatwick direct in mid Sept for less than $500 o/w. It's actually a Thomas Cook flight. You can't book it direct with Thomas Cook though. Use Kayak, Skyscanner or similar flight search engine for other options, eg CUN-FRA for less than $700.

6. Re: Best flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 12, 2015