We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day itinerary

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
335 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
One day itinerary

Hi,

I have 1 day to spend in Mexico city, and I will be :

1) Visiting teotihuacan pyramids. Reach there early by around 9. See the pyramids, do some shopping and travel back to Mexico city.

2) Go to Metropolitian cathedral and spend some time there.

3) If time allows, I plan to go to the ruins and museum in Museo del Templo Mayor.

My doubts:

a) Is it possible to cover this in a single day? Or, should I change/add/remove something?

b) Also, I would like to know where to get down when I come from Teotihuacan pyramids (I plan to travel by bus). Which place would be closest/easiest to travel to reach Metropolitian cathedral? I prefer public transportation over taxis.

c) Secondly, from google map, Museo del Templo Mayor is very close to Metropolitian cathedral. Is that correct? Is it only walkable distance? Or, am I looking into the wrong place?

d) After the ruins, I plan to go to terminal norte in Mexico city for taking a bus to Guadalajara. How do I go about this, other than by a taxi?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day itinerary

a) It is rushed. You might want to reverse your trip because the bus to the pyramids and the bus to Gudalajara both leave/return to Terminal Norte.

b) The bus only stops at Indios Verde and Terminal Norte. If you are going back to the center then get down at Indios Verde and get the subway.

c) Yes, it is directly opposite on the eastern side. The front door of the cathedral is on the south side so you just come out of the cathedral and turn left round the corner to Templo Mayor.

d) Subway - but taxi from Centro is only about 90 pesos (8 USD).

2. Re: One day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 12, 2015