We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City layover on way to Cancun with no checked luggage

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Long Beach
Level Contributor
17 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico City layover on way to Cancun with no checked luggage

Hi there,

I will be flying into Mexico City by way of Delta(Aeromexico), and I wont be leaving before I connect on another Areomexico flight to Cancun. I am just wondering if I will have to go thru immigration/customs? We plan to travel with carry on luggage only - so I don't have to worry about bag retrieval.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City layover on way to Cancun with no checked luggage

I went through immigration when I got to Mexico City (before moving on to the my final destination). It was very easy.

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City layover on way to Cancun with no checked luggage

Yes you will have to pass Immigration and Customs - then go back inside the secure area for your domestic flight - just like you would if you were going Mexico to any USA city via the transit airports like Houston, Dallas, Miami, Chicago. You do not clear immigration or customs again in Cancun. If the line is long ask for help as you are connecting and you will be moved to the front of the line.

Long Beach
Level Contributor
17 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City layover on way to Cancun with no checked luggage

Thank you!

4. Re: Mexico City layover on way to Cancun with no checked luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 26, 2014