We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

Out of these 6 airport hotels, which would you recommend for an overnight layover at MEX? FYI… We will ONLY need the hotel to sleep before our next flight (we have a 13 hr layover) so fancy isn’t necessary.

(1) Ramada Aeropuerto Mexico

(2) Courtyard Mexico City Airport

(3) Hilton Mexico City Airport

(4) Camino Real Aeropuerto Mexico

(5) Fiesta Inn Aeropuerto Mexico City

(6) Nh Aeropuerto T2 Mexico

Thanks!

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

NH is my choice.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,374 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

You've checked the reviews?

There's a lot of good, collected knowledge there.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
65 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

I picked Courtyard after doing a lot of checking. Close to terminal 1 . New and not too expensive.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

Thanks all! Yes, I just did price and rating comparisons and it seems like the Ramada is the cheapest and has decent ratings. Like I said, we only want to sleep during our overnight layover so having fancy amenities is not a big concern.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

2,3,4 and 5 are either inside or attached to the airport. The other 2 will involve either hanging around for a shuttle (which can be frustrating) or using a cab. I've stayed in these 4 and found them all fine. The NH is only useful if you're in Terminal 2 (the other 3 only if you're in Terminal 1).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

Thanks for the info SteveMex. Since we have a 13 hour layover, waiting a little while for a shuttle doesn't seem too bad- will actually help kill some time. Lol. I think I'd rather save a few bucks and go with the Ramada if we decide to go the hotel route.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,081 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

Quite frankly, with 13 hours at your disposal, give the airport hotels a miss and take a cab to a nice area like Condesa or Roma, where you can go out for the evening and have a pleasant meal. There are plenty of nice places to stay that will be better value than the bland airport options. It's only a 15-30 minute cab ride, depending on traffic.

Edited: 9:41 am, April 10, 2013
Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

I´m with Londinense. Unlike many cities the Mexico city airport is very close to nice neighborhoods. You can at least get a feel for the great city and not just spend all your time in corporate type environment.

That said, when I am tight for time on a layover its Hilton in T1 and NH T2.

Northern Michigan
Level Contributor
233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

Thanks for the timely message and replies! After working our trip to MZT around two schedule changes, and one entirely dropped itinerary in the last month and hours on the phone with both Aeromexico and Delta - they finally just decide to cancel our flight altogether!! Errrr! Now I lose a day of vacation and get to spend 11 hours overnight in Mexico City! :) Should have planned our vacation a tad bit earlier before they decided to start dropping flights!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: MEX Airport Hotel Recommendation??

Since amenities won't be a major consideration. I would have to go with the Ramada because of its decent ratings from past reviews and affordable price. Very near airport and shuttle is provided. -- Gene