We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour groups for daytrips

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Tour groups for daytrips

Hello,

Anybody have recommendations for tour groups/companies for separate daytrips to the following locations:

1) Teotihuacan

2) Puebla

3) Cuernavaca/Taxco

If you have taken those tours, what are your impressions/opinions of them? Were you rushed from one place to another? Were you forced to certain stores to buy i.e. silver in Taxco, or did they let you roam around on your own?

Separately since there is two of us travelling, would it be more benificial to hire a private car for the day instead? Typically how much would renting a private car with a driver for a day cost?

Thank you for the help!

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour groups for daytrips

Check the following webpage address for some ideas:

grayline.com/franchise.cfm/…298

Mexico City D.F.
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour groups for daytrips

Jeet,

I wouldn't recommend a day trip to Taxco or Puebla, but see no problems with Cuarnavaca or Teotihuacan. You might also want to consider Amecameca and Tula for day trips. You should be able to hire a taxi for around 1000 pesos a day - negociate.

Q

Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour groups for daytrips

Quintacarmen

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't recommend taking a daytrip to Taxco or Puebla. Is there something wrong with either place safety wise or is it some other reason? Please explain....

Thanks...

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour groups for daytrips

Cuernavaca is a place I'll suggest is not worthy of a stop, unless you have some extra time. Taxco, on the other hand, is a good place to visit, as is Puebla . . . if colonial cities and crafts is what you may be interested in. Of course, each of us has a bias/preference - what's good for one may not be good for all.

Mexico City D.F.
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour groups for daytrips

Jeet,

Distance and attractions - too far and too much to do in a day.

Q

6. Re: Tour groups for daytrips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, August 13, 2009