We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to find sport schedules for Mexico City March 2013?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
alamander
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How to find sport schedules for Mexico City March 2013?

Hola: I'm finding it difficult to find what team sports matches might be being held in Mexico City during our stay in March of this year. We are interested in football (soccer) and baseball -- I think there is no baseball that time of year (boo!). Is there a specific web site that shows this information? I have perused this forum and found some information but not a particular site that might be helpful. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to find sport schedules for Mexico City March 2013?

For soccer go here www.femexfut.org.mx/portalv2/index.html Then:

1) Close the ad window for Mexico v Jamaica!

2) Click "Divisiones" and select the option "Liga MX"

3) Down the page a bit you will see the numbers 1 to 17 listed left-to-rightt. These are week numbers. Click 9 (for Week 9) and you will see the fixtures for the weekend of 2nd-3rd March. Week 10 is 9th-10th March and so on.

The clubs that play in Mexico City are America, Universidad Nacional (Pumas) and Cruz Azul. Home sides are listed FIRST.

alamander
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to find sport schedules for Mexico City March 2013?

Great instructions! I was able to find a game (home team: América) we can see at Estadio Azteca. It's not clear to me whether América has a winning record, but that's not important as long as people go to the game.

I really appreciate the quick and complete response, SteveMex.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to find sport schedules for Mexico City March 2013?

On the same page of that website you can scroll down a bit further to a section "Estadistica" and click the first link "Tabla General de Clasificacion en la Temporada" to see the current League Table. America is 3rd at present and last season reached the final 4. The stadium is huge so is substantially empty for most matches.

alamander
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to find sport schedules for Mexico City March 2013?

Cool. So they are competitive, which makes it all the better! Again, I appreciate the careful response. That kind of thoughtfulness makes this a great site.

5. Re: How to find sport schedules for Mexico City March 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 29, 2014