We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
14 posts
Save Topic
Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

I've recently joined tripadvisor after reading many thoughtfull ideas and found places to stay in both Taxco and Acapulco for our upcoming family vacation in July.How hard is it to find a spot for 4 people on the Estrella de Oro from Taxco to Acapulco?Also we plan on staying at the Boca Chica Hotel in Acapulco,how is the area around this hotel?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

Unless you'll e traveling during a major holiday/vacation period - making advance reservations for the Estrella de Oro bus is unnecessary, IMO. If you can buy the tickets at the terminal in advance, fine . . . if not, just show up there. If your bus is full, or some strange reason, there'll be another not too much later. Busses for Taxco/Acapulco depart from the bus terminal located adjacent to the Metro station Taxqueña.

About the Boca Chica: I think it's seen beter days. Although, it's been years since I stayed there. Owners of the hotel have put it up for sale, and my impression is that it's not in all that good condition. If you check-in and find it not to your liking, don't worry. There are many nearby hotels where you can stay without any difficulty. The hotel is at Playa Caletilla - a traditional zone in the city, and, generally, a safe one. I usually stay close-by.

Whittier, California
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

Adding to the previous lines, Estrella de Oro has ten different departures (between 7:00 am to 7:00pm) from Taxco to Acapulco with one ot two stops. I don't think you'll have trouble gettiing your seats.

KM

Chicago
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

Thanks for both of the updates sounds like I won't have any issues from Taxco to ACA.Since I have made reservations online for the Boca Chica hotel what other 3 hotels would you recommend that are in the $250-$400 peso a night price range.I don't want to stay near the typical tourist hotel,I want my family to enjoy their 1st trip to ACA with a family hospitality run hotel?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

We met a couple in Acapulco this past Christmas who spent a week at the Boca Chica. They loved it! They didn't mention anything at all about it being run down, but I think being in upscale accommadations was not the reason they were visiting Acapulco. They talked about how nice the hospitality was, the food, and the best part...being able to use the steps to walk into the ocean water and snorkle. They planned on coming back in 2006 and staying there again.

I'd look at the room and check out the a/c (I can't live w/o it!) before committing to the stay.

Have fun! You'll love Acapulco.

Chicago
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

Good to go Houston thanks for your input.What you mentioned about being close to the water and being in a smaller hotel was appealing to me when I first read about Boca Chica in this Trip Advisor site.All in all with the inputs also from gomexico and karlos miguel I will inspect the room before committing to staying but I still would want a backup in case I don't stay.Did you also get any good recommendation on good restaurants?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

The Acapulco forum has a very acive group of participants, and there's a very long discussion thread over there detailing many fine restaurants - in all price/quality categories . . . in case you haven't seen it yet. Lots and lots of other helpful information, too.

Chicago
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

Yes that was my next step,thanks so much for all your inputs.Your help has been invaluable.

Chicago
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

Hey GoMexico just found out your from my side of the world.I would enjoy meeting you if your in the area this Saturday April 29th from 6PM tp 10PM.I will be working at the entrance to the Latino Film Festival showing at the theatre near Diversy and Clark.Let me know if your interested and I will give you further info.

Hasta Pronto!

Los Angeles
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

Hi,

To answer your question about the bus. It is much easier if you book it online. You can choose your times and the seat you want. I always do this when I travel to Taxco. It makes it much easier and you never run the risk of the seats being sold out (it happens).

The webpage is http://www.autobus.com.mx/

I go to Taxco approx 5 times a year and I have never had a problem booking my bus this way. I would highly recommend the La Posada San Javier In Taxco get a private Casita approx (90 dollars per night). It is great! You can check my webpage it is www.silveroftaxco.com I am working on it but there is plenty of useful info now.

Goodluck!

Chicago
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Mexico City to Taxco to Acapulco

thanks for the info pepparkaka I was thinking about finding out how I could reserve tickets but you answered what I was thinking.When I do reserve my tickets online I assume that I can print a confirmation document and show this to the person at the counter to get my tickets???I have another question since you said you travel to Taxco often.What is the amount of time in a taxi from the International airport to the Taxquena bus station(Southern terminal)??With this info I can better predict at what time I should reserve my tickets.