We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volaris Airlines

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mexico City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Volaris Airlines

I tried to get info on Volaris flights from Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta to no avail. Then I tried different cities and got nowhere. I'm wondering if this airlines is history?

Before I checked Volaris, I tried to buy a ticket in Interjet. I was unable to do so because they require that you enter the state in which you live. The country where I live doesn't have states. You can scroll the names of 150 countries. How many have states? I'll telephone Interjet, tomarrow. Will they have a logical answer? Will anyone speak English? Can't wait.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volaris Airlines

The Volaris website is not working but that's nothing unusual. It looks like they have re-designed it and are having teething problems. I have no reason to doubt that they are still running as normal. I would try calling them - or Interjet for that matter. Frequently payment with a foreign credit card does not work online anyway.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volaris Airlines

I booked my flights with Interjet via the telephone. No problemo (no problem).

Thanks

Southern California
Level Contributor
89 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volaris Airlines

I don't know when your flight is but BEWARE of your luggage we had a situation with this airline that they lost our luggage back in December and they have YET to pay for the items =[

Very hard to get a hold of especially if you are ingles speaking only. Good Luck! Just don't put anything of value in your luggage or something you can't do without.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Volaris Airlines

Well Volaris actually a very, very good airline with good prices. Yes they might lose a bag out of 10000 but it doesn't means it's a bad airline.

Volaris and Interjet are much better than American, Spirit, and Delta.

Southern California
Level Contributor
89 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Volaris Airlines

Well Chara... what does make a bad airline is there lack of follow up on the (one) bag they didn't loose. I'm not saying that they don't have great cheap fares i'm just extremely dissapointed in their customer service actions.

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Volaris Airlines

I was very impressed with Interjet. Check in was courteous, efficient and quick. They place a very strong plastic tie through the lugage zippers, making pilfering almost impossible.The planes were new and the legroom was noticably more than that of non-budget airlines. Viva Interjet!

Southern California
Level Contributor
89 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Volaris Airlines

I don't think Interjet flies into Oaxaca but the person I spoke with at Southwest Airlines told me the same thing. Thanks!

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Volaris Airlines

psboston7 well volaris customer service is ok.

To be honest Mexicans are a bit unprofessional but far more courteous than stupid people at Delta,American or probably ago other U.S. airline.

Southern California
Level Contributor
89 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Volaris Airlines

I think Mexicans are nicer as a whole person-to-person. I do however think that in the 'professional' circumstances their Customer Service skills are HIGHLY under developed or trained I guess. BTW Stupid people are everywhere just not working for airlines LOL

and it is also left to the individual perception. I train Hospitality Customer Service and I know recognized untrained staff quite quickly ={

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Volaris Airlines

Well it is true but common, from banks to airlines, some hotels, even to your local Walgreens, americans are just not so friendly, but they still manage to criticize everyone else cough*cough